TWENTY THREE

In which someone or something observes two men falling in love over the course of a week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   MONDAY

   It was Monday when I first saw him.  When he walked in I swear the wind stopped blowing for a second. He walked with a straight back and a small smile, stopping at the door for a moment to hold the door open for a lady with a stroller. With a voice sweeter than honey and eyes deeper than the sea, I was sure.

 This boy was totally not straight.

  Now of course this wasn't a snap judgement that was in any way serious, I'd just believed there was no way a man that kind and good looking could even exist. Unfortunately, the worst of my suspicions were concerned as he made his way to the counter and started shamelessly flirting with the male barista. 

  The coffee house had this vibe to it, a safe aura it exerted that pulled only the best of people in. I'd been here many times and I'd just like to put it out there that this particular barista (although kind and very soft in real life) rarely smiled. So of course I'd found it slightly strange and very cute when the barista started to blush, a small smile inching his mouth up.

  The barista was a completely different person from the man who had walked in previously. His hair was night black and his eyes bore their way into your soul. His beauty different from the blonde haired man's. It was subtle, in the way his eyes crinkled those rare moments he smiled when dealing with an elderly customer, in the way his long, slender fingers held the pencil as he wrote down orders. In the way he sat down in a chair after a hard day, legs crossed at the ankles, a weary look in his beautiful eyes as he tousled his hair before putting his hat on again.

  The barista's beauty was one made of small gestures and movements he made while the perfectly sculpted man's was one of looks and personality. 

  Nico was the name of the barista, I'd come here way too often to not know by now. Enough to also know that the man who was now teasing Nico was definitely not a regular.

  "Can I have your name for the, um, drink?"

 "Will Solace, do you need my number with that as well?"

  "N-no."

 "Well, I'm giving it to you anyways."

  So, that was his name. Will Solace. This Will, he was interesting. Exchanging a few more words with Nico, he sat down at a table and smiled to himself. His foot tapped along rhythmically along with the soft beat playing overhead. There was something about Will that seemed to draw everyone in, I noticed. Everyone kept sneaking glances at him when they thought he wasn't looking but it didn't take a genius to figure out that he was well aware.

  Aware but not affected, he let it happen, go on. No arrogance, just acceptance as if this happened a lot. And believe me, if you'd seen him, you better believe this happened a lot.

  Nico brought him his order and was quickly pulled down on a chair beside him. Will leaned over and whispered something into Nico's ears that made him fidget. As time passed, Nico started to talk more with his hands as they conversed. A habit I had noticed only came out once he was fully comfortable with someone. 

   It came as a surprise to me when it was already dark outside and the two were still chatting, Will with a bright, expressive face and Nico who had remained undisturbed from his spot. Some of the other baristas had debated over calling him over to work but thought better of it once they'd gushed over how cute the couple of them were.

  Nico suddenly froze at the table and I managed to catch a snippet of their conversation.

   "Sorry .... over ... tomorrow? ....... number .... date ....Will!"

  Nico shook his head while laughing and walked away to change into his regular clothes. Will stood up and stretched, the smile still etched across his face. I couldn't help but smile as well, I was up in an instant as well. As Will stepped out into the night with a small jingle (his apartment keys, I assumed) I was one step behind him all the way home and invaded his dreams as he slept.

  I was love, and Will and Nico were both slowly falling into me with each other. Of that, I was sure. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Will update every day for a week, this will kind of be a mini series narrated by Love with 7 parts in total.