Kouen

Once on the ship all Val did was stand my the edge and stare out ahead of us, she looked like she just wanted to jump overboard somehow. I remembered what I saw when I 'left' her in the garden, when she thought she was alone she had collapsed and began to cry softly so nobody could hear. She looked so vulnerable at that moment I realized she was a true piece of glass but I had wondered if my subtle proposal had frightened her that much, I knew she picked up on it and I wasn't sure if she said that so I would know her family if I was to die at battle or as a way for me not to finish my sentence. I looked back at her from faraway thinking to see her check over her appearance, strangely she pulled her bodice down slightly and pulled her hair back to show more. I was slightly confused to what she was doing, she was a respectful girl who honestly doesn't want to show any part of herself off. I followed her through the town and we walked all the way up to one of the bigger buildings with an odd mark on the front. She stood on the outside and I could tell she was fidgeting.
"Val? Are you okay?"
"I-"
The doors opened suddenly and the guy who was walking out stopped to stare at her. The guy then retreated and yelled out that Destiny was back. A small group of people came up and only one female walked up and hugged her. I stayed a little behind her and I caught the attention of a few others.
"Destiny were so happy your back! What's the occasion?"
I knew that she knew that I was trying to propose but I didn't expect her to say out loud to everyone here that she was engaged.
"I'm engaged-"
"Oh honey I knew Sinbad could do it..."
"Mom"
"...he's such a nice boy, and wealthy too..."
"Mom!"
"...you'll live a good life and have lots of children!"
"Mom I'm not marrying Sinbad, in fact he didn't ask me..."
She trailed off and the woman called mom stopped and froze.
"Oh I'm so sorry"
"This is Kouen"
I stepped foreword and shook her hand
"I'm Lucy, Destiny's mother"
"Kouen, first prince of the Kou empire about to be emperor."
She turned to Val
"Oh, your going to be an empress, how lovely!"
"Mom, I'm sure you would like to get to know this Kouen a little more, well we all want to catch up with sis so why don't you go out to lunch or something?"
A male of the small group was speaking and soon I was being dragged off with Mrs. Dragoneel to have lunch