Attempted Murder

[edited]

Hello, dear readers!
I have taken the liberty of going through this chapter and editing it. I can't believe that I once thought this book was so amazing when in reality it really sucks ass. I was going through and editing my writing and I noticed so, so, so many errors that I am ashamed to know that this book was only published last year and I am proud to say that my writing has at least improved a little and I plan on editing the rest of this book and adding some little chapters because I honestly feels like I rushed reader and Deidara's relationship. I suck at editing my own work so if you find any errors please let me know in the comment section. I went over this twice but I still might've missed something. I also left a little BTS thingy in there for any of you ARMY's. I don't remember what it is so good luck. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the edited version of this chapter because it is 10x better then the original.

-Author
—————
Ebisu
Kotetsu

My name is f/n Sarutobi, adopted granddaughter of the third Hokage and the personal punching bag of Konohomaru, my younger brother.

You're probably thinking something along the lines of 'wow! The Hidden Lead Village? You're so lucky to live there!'. Well, let me tell you that life here isn't as perfect as people like to make it seem. But let's start from the beginning.

I was just like you once. I was convinced that the Hidden Lead Village was the mightiest village. That all the best ninja were produced here. I thought I was safe. I thought that maybe, just maybe I could restart here. I was so wrong.

That damn fox took everything that I had built and tore it to shreds. It was like he spit in my hot dog—something anyone with at least a shred of decency wouldn't do.

Imagine, a seven year-old girl staring at the reminds of her home. Imagine a little girl watch as everything she beloved in was stomped on. Yes, can you feel my pain now?

First, I lose my family—the biological one. I watch them get murdered in front of me by none other than lead ninja! Next, I'm 'saved' and brought to the doorstep of the murders, given to an old man and his bratty grandson. They just expected me to get over something traumatic and horrifying like that! But I was young and I didn't understand. I simply figured that it I wasn't dead by now then they didn't mean any harm. I allowed them to manipulate me into their puppet. Second, I watch my new home be smashed to pieces. The people I believed would protect me were tossed around like rag dolls. I sat, covered in the blood of my friends waiting for the man who was supposed to hug me and tell me it was all going to be alright. Third, I get treated terribly by the younger brother who is supposed to respect me and look up to me. Constantly I am the one who suffers for his mistakes. Over and over he is chosen over me. Time and time he is the one who is hugged and comforted when the one who really needs it is standing in the shadows, drowning in lies and insecurity.

So now, I hope you understand my pain. Even just a little. Does this help you understand why I ran? It's not my first time running, of course. I think anyone in my position would try to escape.

Anyways, where were we? Oh yes, I was running away from my problems and demons like any fucked up teenager.

———

"I can't believe you ran away again!" Kotetsu groaned. Currently my hands were cuffed behind my back with chakra suppressing handcuffs.

"Well, I was bored! What else do you expect me to do? Play checked we're the old people?" I reply, smirking.

I know that when I run it drives Kotetsu insane. It's because he's always the one sent after me since him and his partner are always stationed at the gates keeping track of who comes and who goes.

"Dammit, f/n!" he growls, shoving me forwards a little as we walk.

"Kotetsu! Be careful! That is the third Hokage's granddaughter!" Ebisu the pervert scolds, jumping down from the trees and into the dirt road we're walking down.

"Psh, if she wants to be rested with respect then she needs to treat others with respect!" Kotetsu says bitterly.

I roll my eyes and drown out their voices. I don't need to hear them talk about me as if I'm not there standing in front of them.

I was so close to escaping. I almost made it to the border. If only I hadn't been so careless... ugh. Whatever. I won't make the same misyake next time.

As if reading my thoughts, Kotetsu speaks, "Don't you even think about trying to run away again! Your poor old man can't handle any more of this rebellious stuff."

"If he can't handle a teenage girl—or should I say a nineteen year old woman whom is capable of taking care of herself and making her own decisions—then he shouldn't be Hokage." I spit. Neither of them reply. Instead we continue to trudge down the dusty dirty road.

***

After what seems like hours, we arrive at the gates of the Hidden Leaf. Four members of the anbu are there. One of them holding a scroll.

"F/n Sarutobi," he says monotonously. "You are to return home and await for further orders from your grandfather, the third Hokage."

"Yeah, whatever." I grumble. I allow the anbu to escort me home.

When I get there house is empty. No sign of life. I can't help but sigh, glad to be alone.

I walk off to my room, glad to finally have those damned handcuffs off.

As I walk in I catch sight of myself in my mirror. I look angry and tired. My eyes have visible bags under them and are heavily lifted. My lips are cracked and chapped. I look sickly and ready to drop. I pull a few leaves out of my hair and run my hands through it. It doesn't help. I at least check out my outside.

As to blend into everything, I chose to wear black in the green forest in the middle of summer. A very smart idea. My black trench coat is covered in dirt and has a few tears. My black turtleneck sweater is suffocating me and is also very dirty. And of all the things, my pants remain a-okay with only a lil' scuff mark.

I groan and take a shower, changing into black cargo pants and my favourite shirt. As I'm drying my hair I hear the door close with a slam.

Konohomaru.