𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

────── ★★★ ──────

After training for months, Samuel found his swordsmanship and combat skills slowly improving, yet they still weren't at the level he would've liked them to be. Most of his time was spent training with the knight who welcomed him when he first stumbled into their camp. It wasn't much longer after that when the young boy discovered Wilbur was also the leader of the squadron. The duo had gotten closer than either had ever imagined in the short amount of time. The blonde boy didn't leave the brunette man's side for the first two weeks of entering the camp, which annoyed the older of the two at first. Eventually, Wilbur took it as an opportunity to get to know the boy and to help him get comfortable with the other knights. Now their bond was unbreakable and the two chose to spend every moment they could together.

That day was the same as any other day and Samuel found himself in the sparring circle with a wooden training sword in hand. He and Wilbur circled each other and waited for the other to make the first move. After what felt like an eternity passed of neither of them moving, the De Vil boy lunged forward and swung his sword at his feet. His actions caused Wilbur to jump out of the way before barely saving himself from falling into a mud puddle.

"Well done, Sammy," the older knight praised before a smile appeared on his face.

"Just getting started," the blonde boy responded with a smirk then lunged once again.

Just as the De Vil boy began to think he actually had a shot at beating Wilbur, Samuel was on his back in the mud. Laughter filled the air followed by the sound of footsteps hitting the wet earth before the Eriks man stood over the blonde boy. "Don't get cocky or else your opponent will always catch you off guard."

"Noted," Samuel sighed before a small smirk formed on his face as he looked back up at the brunette man, "how come they don't catch you off guard? You can get pretty arrogant."

The De Vil boy's comment caused Wilbur to let out another laugh. Once he finished helping Samuel back to his feet, they began to spar again. After a few moments of them hitting their wooden swords together, the blonde boy quickly found himself back in the mud once again thanks to Wilbur.

"How is this fair? You're twice my size," Samuel whined while rubbing his muddy hands down the sides of his face, "can I spar with someone who I have a chance against?"

"Your opponents will be much bigger than you," the Eriks man stated as the grin on his face grew even larger, "everything's bigger than you."

"I'm only fourteen! I'm still growing!" the De Vil boy argued before the spark in his eyes vanished and he looked down at the wooden sword lying in front of him, "what's even the point? I'll never get where you are."