9 | ralph lauren

9 | ralph lauren

"Woah, this place is crowded!"

"Well, it is a terribly huge match."

"..."

"What?"

"Its just that I've never seen you so happy and excited. You really like cricket."

"Yeah. I really do, a lot lot. Which sport do you like?"

"None, I'm horrible at all and today is the first time I'm actually seeing a cricket match but I think I'm going to like this."

"Well, I hope you do. We're all into in our family except for Shahid bhai, that is. He can't play to save his life. Cricket's my thing and Nargis is a pro at football."

"So, you're three siblings?"

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Shiiit, look at that! That shot went right into the audience."

"Yaaas, that's a six. Okay, so let me explain: A batsman can get 1-2 runs by running between the wicket when he hits a ball that doesn't touch or go beyond the boundary. If a shot touches the field but reaches the boundary, its 4 runs and if it goes right beyond it without touching the field its a six."

"This is so interesting. I kind of  want to play now."

"I could totally teach you. I'm a very good teacher, I've heard."

"I'm a golden student."

"But if you get hurt, don't blame me, okay?"

"Nah, I am strong guy. I don't get hurt. Hell, I don't even get sick. I have a perfect constitution."

"..."

"Seriously, I never even get a headache forget anything else--"

"So the whole cold and cough thing where you ignored me for days was...'your constitution' playing a joke on me..."

***

Dedicated to the lovely mccnlit for the amazing comments and the support!

***

At least Memphis being a bad liar is a positive characteristic, eh?

P.S. The Shahid, Nargis references...? Where my & Series readers at? :D