2 | jockey

2 | jockey

"Oh, we meet again!"

"And you're still in your boxers. The same ones, I believe, from last time."

"They left quite an impression, I assume."

"You wish."

"FYI, I do own a washing machine so yes, I can wear the same boxers every now and then. It's not a fashion taboo."

"Wow, I am bowled over by that little piece of insignificant information. Now, if you will excuse me."

"Won't you tell me your name?"

"Absolutely not."

"Or do you mean, abs-olutely not?"

"Uh why are you stroking your-um-abs?"

"Keep your eyes up here, princess."

"Yes, please insult your own intelligence by attaching the most generic nickname in dialogue stories to me."

"Ooh, of course, the bad-tempered neighbour wants some originality. Pumpkin? No, that's already taken. Cupcake? No, that one's kinda deadly. Sugar? Um no, you're not a compound either. Dude, just tell me your name. All the nicknames are already taken."

"Are you following me?"

"No, we live on the same floor, remember?"

"I must have deleted that piece of useless info from my head."

"Modern day fem-Sherlock, are we?"

"..."

"So you work at the bookstore?"

"No."

"I guessed because of your bag. So...where do you work then?"

"I'm not telling you private stuff. You're a stranger. And here's my door. Shoo, go away."

"You do like shooing me, huh? Are you sure you don't want to invite me over for coffee, tea...sex?"

"..."

"We have to talk about this slamming the door on my pretty face every time."

"..."

"I was joking about the sex, by the way."

"..."

"Or was I?"

***

dedicated to my girl secondhands because tpb and thfm? Like fab af, this queenie!

***

I actually know a guy like Memphis irl. LOL. [Also, I'm saying this right at the outset, no offence to anyone out there...this story is a pastiche i.e. it will contain humourous references (like the one about 'nicknames' above) to the dialogue story genre/canon but never to particular stories.]