"I don't want to talk to him." I said. "All he's going to do is be mad at me."

"He might not be."

I rolled my eyes. "He called me a freakin' slut, Hannah. You know that. All I was doing was trying to text him and he had the balls to call me a slut. I thought he freakin' loved me, but you don't call someone you love that. No matter how mad you are. And he didn't even apologize, and he knew I was crying." My eyes started watering up. "How could he do that to me? He knows that I wouldn't do that to him. All I did was talk to Sammy, it ain't like I was doing anything like that."

"He was mad, Nicole. He was just mad."

"I'm not talking to him."

"Do you have feelings for Sammy?" Hannah asked me.

"Hell no." I stated. "You know I don't. Why would you even ask me that?"

"Do you have feelings for Dean?"

I scoffed. "Again, hell no. I haven't even talked to Dean. He went to the Navy, remember?"

"Do you have feelings for anyone else besides Parker?"

"No. You know I don't. Why are you asking me this?"

" If you don't have feelings for anyone else besides Parker, then why are you so convinced that you can't be with him?"

I sighed. "Because he doesn't want to be with me, Hannah."

"Yes he does."

"Yeah, the only time I'll believe that is if Parker says it." I scoffed.

"Okay, fine. You want Parker to say it, fine." Hannah said as she typed on her phone.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged as I started watching Netflix on the television. Whatever she was doing, I knew that nothing I said could stop her once she set her mind to something.

***

"Okay, you wanted Parker to say it." Hannah said as she came and sat beside me on the chair. "Here. Read these messages."

I took the rose gold iPhone 6 from Hannah and looked at it. The contact was Parker, and I started reading the first message that was sent today.

Hannah: so when are you planning on working things out with your girlfriend?

Parker: I don't know, Hannah.

Hannah: she misses you and I know you miss her. Y'all can work through this.

Parker: I don't know if we can.

Hannah: god, why are you both so stubborn? I know that you're a mess and she is too. Just talk to her, Parker. She wants you to talk to her.

Parker: I'm not a mess.

Hannah: liar.

Parker: I don't know what to do. I'm not good at talking about stuff.

Hannah: well, for starters you can apologize for calling her a slut. Because you know she is the farthest thing from a slut. That hurt her, Parker. She thinks you really meant that.