twenty eight

four years later (timeskips4dayz)

Daniel's POV

"Lily and Ella, come down for dinner!" I yell from the bottom of the staircase, immediately hearing the pitter-pattering of feet running above me.

The two six-year old girls run down the stairs eagerly, huge smiles on their faces. I grin, walking into the dining room where Joey is setting out the food. Our daughters sit in their usual spots, directly across from one another. Joey and I always sit on each end of the table.

We scoop food for Lily and Ella, then for ourselves. The table is abnormally quiet as we all dig in.

The silence is soon interrupted by Lily.

"Daddy," she begins, looking towards me. "How did you and daddy meet? Me and Ella wanna know."

I smile, looking towards Joey.

"Your daddy and I met years ago, back when we were in college. I was living with your auntie Hope, and she convinced me to go to this party where your dad was living. We met there and fell in love." I finish with a smile, taking a sip of my water.

"He was a cutie," Joey says with a wink, causing the girls to let out 'ew' sounds in response.

"At first, your daddy didn't even want to be my boyfriend. He was a jerkface." I laugh, Joey rolling his eyes.

"You were a prude!" he exclaims. I scoff.

The girls giggle, eating their food.

"What's a prude?" Ella asks, looking at Joey. I smirk, crossing my arms and looking at him expectantly.

"It's uh, it's a kind of dried fruit." he says, smiling at Ella.

"I thought that was a prune." Lily pipes in, staring at Joey. I laugh silently, wiping my mouth with a cloth napkin.

"Nope, it's a prude. Your dad was such a dried fruit." he laughs, the two girls showing confused expressions, but shrugging it off.

I smile, looking around me. We have a beautiful house, two lovely daughters, and a relationship that is stronger than ever. Nothing could ruin what we have.

(a/n: boom boom pow)