twenty three

three weeks later

Daniel's POV

"Joey, I brought you some lunch." I say softly, opening the bedroom door and setting down a tray of food. I sigh, taking the old dishes of food that he barely touched at breakfast.

"Please eat something. You've barely eaten a crumb for weeks now." I beg, sitting next to him on the bed. He looks at me, his eyes bloodshot and lips cracked. I smile sadly at him.

"You don't have to do this, Danny. You can leave me. I would understand. I'd leave me, too." Joey whispers hoarsely, looking at me with a broken expression.

I slide closer to him, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek softly.

"I will never leave you. You're going through something, and I have absolutely no right to leave you for that. Especially considering what hell I've put you through with my issues. I love you, Joey. This doesn't change that." I reply, my eyes watering slightly. He smiles, leaning in and kissing my lips.

His chapped lips in contrast with my soft ones remind me of when we first met. How it was soft meets hard, bad meets good, rugged meets smooth.

"I love you so fucking much." Joey states, grabbing ahold of my hand. Our fingers intertwine and I rest my head on his shoulder.

We sat in that position until it got uncomfortable. Joey ate the food I gave him, which I'm sure his body appreciated. He was beginning to look very frail.

"Can we watch a movie?" Joey asks, and I nod.

"Of course."

And as we sat there, our focus purely on the movie, that was when I realized...

this is the boy I am going to marry.

(a/n: agh this is so short and horrid im so sorry kiLL ME)