eight

Daniel's POV

I call Hope back into the living room, all of us sitting on the spacious couch and scrolling through Netflix to find a movie. It isn't even the slightest bit awkward, as Hope has known my mother for many years and they began their own conversation about God only knows what.

As we've settled on a movie, I hear yet another knock on the door. This one sounds determined and quite familiar. Almost too familiar. I look over at Hope, gesturing for her to get it. She nods understandingly and my mom and I continue watching the screen.

Suddenly when Hope answers the door, I hear muffled conflict sounding from the porch area. I turn to my mom, pausing the movie and standing up, heading to check it out. My heart stops as I catch sight of him. His hair is styled in its usual messy – yet flattering – way, his eyes bright, yet dark in a gorgeous style. His clothes are dark, but they fit him so incredibly well that I don't give a care. He's beautiful. He's the love of my life.

"Joey?" I ask, my words quiet. His bottom lip begins to tremble as he crashes down onto his knees, the sounds of his sobs filling the area.

"What's going on in h–" I hear my mom's voice before she sees the scene, her face confused and eyes concerned.

"Mom, Hope, go into Hope's room please. I'll take care of this." I demand calmly, Hope nodding and lightly pulling my mother to the hall.

"D-Daniel I don't know what to do anymore. I love you s-so fucking much. I've made so many fucking mistakes, Daniel. I fucking know I have. Everything is all my fucking fault and I regret it all. You're worth more than this. I'm so fucking sorry, Daniel. So fucking sorry." Joey cries out in between sobs, my eyes beginning to water.

"Joey...I love you. Most people see the bad in you, but I don't. Don't you see? Your face is dusted in sunlight, your eyes are littered with stars. Those are two of the most beautiful things known to human kind. When I look at you, I see everything good in the world, no matter how many dark alleyways hide behind the stars in your eyes." I finish, watching as he slowly rises, his face shocked and his lip still trembling.

"W-What does this mean?" he asks, his eyes full of hope. I sigh, my gaze meeting his.

"You know how I said drunken words are sober thoughts?" he nods and I continue. "I can smell the alcohol on your breath."

He's confused for a moment after the words leave my mouth, then it almost appears that it clicks.

"You bring out the best in me, I bring out the worst in you. I'm the moon, you're the sun. I'm fire, you're water. I'm flawed, you're utterly flawless. I'm dark, you're light. We're polar opposites. Why would you still want me?" he asks.

"Somewhere along the way, the sun fell in love with the moon. In order for the world to work, we need both. Together, they're incredibly beautiful. We're all flawed, some of us have just learned to hide it better." I whisper the last sentence, turning to look at Joey.

"Are we going to be okay?" he asks, taking a step forward. I nod, a sad smile on my lips as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"We'll figure it out. We always do." I whisper, watching his facial expression.

A small smile forms on his lips as he leans in, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. I smile, leaning my head into the crook of his neck and holding on tightly.

"Please don't let me go, Daniel." Joey whispers in my ear.

"I won't. Not again."

(a/n: does this even make sense im)