twenty two

Daniel's POV

I arrived at the location, my head spinning. My brain doesn't even seem to be working properly as I climb out of my car, diving towards the entrance and running inside. The dark, cold hallways are all too familiar. I shake the feeling of nostalgia and put my focus on Joey. As I'm twisting and turning down the hallways and going up staircases, I hear a muffled scream, followed by a loud 'bang' noise. I run faster towards the noise, deciding it's a bad idea to yell out.

A horrible feeling forms in the pit of my stomach and I pause, standing in front of the room where it happened. The door is opened a crack, and I can see movement inside. However, I still stand frozen in place. My eyes are wide and no matter how hard I try, I can't move a muscle.

"What do you think you're doing?" a familiar voice sounds behind me and I turn my head slightly.

Cat.

"Awe, cat got your tongue?" she whispers deviously, circling around me. "Christian, we have a visitor!"

My heart beats rapidly in my chest, my eyes glazing over. Christian exits the room, a gun in hand. Once he sees me, a small grin forms on his face. He grabs onto my arm, pulling me into the room before I can fight back. Once we're in there, my mouth gapes open, and so does his.

"Joey, don't do that." I say in a hushed tone, watching as he stands by an open window. He turns around, looking at me.

"Danny, is that really you?" he questions, limping towards me. I nod, tears welling in my eyes as I take on his appearance.

"This is bullshit. I just fucking killed you. You were dead...you were..." Christian trails off, walking closer to Joey.

"I guess you should learn to check pulses. Damn, Christian, I thought you were smarter than that." Joey reciprocates and Christian only gets closer. I step in between them, looking Christian dead in the eye.

"Get out of my way." he snaps, and I take the opportunity to kick him as hard as I can. I pick up Joey, pushing past Cat and running down the first flight of stairs. I twist and turn down the same familiar hallways, my mind set on getting Joey out of this hellhole.

As we reach the exit, something stops me, or someone.

"Daniel, don't go out that way. Follow me, please." Preston says, a pleading look in his eyes. I blink a couple of times before starting to follow him. He leads me down another hallway, there being a door at the end.

We reach the door and he opens it, leading me outside. Once we're out, I collapse on the ground with Joey in my arms. I begin sobbing profusely, holding him tightly.

"Why did you help me?" I question Preston, my eyes filled with tears.

"I have nothing against you, and now I realize that." he whispers, walking away without any further explanation.

(a/n: this is some intense shit m8)