one

Daniel's POV

"Daniel, I made some lunch!" I hear Hope yell from the kitchen, causing me to stand up and walk towards the dining room.

"Thanks Hope." I thank her quietly, wiping my eyes and sitting down where my food lay, "Waffles for lunch?"

She nods, smiling happily as she sprays a layer of whipped cream onto hers. Mine is scattered with an assortment of berries and just a tiny drizzle of syrup, just how I like it. I cut into the waffle, taking a massive bite of the delicious food to calm down my hunger.

"Daniel, I know you don't want to talk about what happened but–"

"Stop, Hope. Please. I don't need to talk about anything. I'm fine." I say, forcing a fake smile onto my face.

"Are you sure?" she asks, a sceptical look covering her face.

"I'm sure." I lie, putting my focus back onto my food and hearing her sigh.

"Well, I need to get to work. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, okay?" she says softly, placing her hand over top of mine. I nod, smiling at her as she returns the gesture.

•••

That's how it went for the next while. I was provided with the notes and course work I needed to complete through a reliable resource, also known as the literal genius of the class. I went in when I needed to write exams, but for the most part all of my professors were surprisingly understanding. Christian was in jail, charged with sexual assault involving harm to the body. I have scars that will never fully heal, both physically and mentally. I was surprised when Cat and Sawyer stepped in and gave their statements. They were charged as well for partaking in this act, and they knew they would be, yet they still did it.

After everything that happened with Joey those few nights ago, I don't know how much more I can take before I burst. My heart is throbbing for him, but I have to keep telling myself those same five words.

Drunken words are sober thoughts.

(a/n: thank you guys so fucking much for 100K reads on Virgin. i can't thank you enough for the endless support on this series. i still can't comprehend all of this. thank you. i love you all💕)