"That must be him." I pointed out and ran to the door, taking a huge breath before opening it.

Much to Harry's disappointment, Louis didn't even greet him when he walked in and his eyes were focused on ...Eleanor. Mindlessly, he passed by Harry, ignoring all the rose petals and the candles on the floor and extended his hand for Eleanor to shake.

"Hello, I'm Louis. Harry didn't tell me we had guests." He said and Harry's face fell.

"Oh, uhm, I'm Eleanor." She greeted back with a shy, beautiful smile. Louis hadn't noticed he was indiscreetly staring at her until Harry cleared his throat.

"Uhm, I was actually leaving before you came in." She shifts awkwardly on her feet. "See you soon, Harry. Nice to meet you, Louis." She waved at the both of them, quickly hugged Harry one last time and left. Only then did Louis notice the petals and the candles that were spread around the furniture and the floor.

Wait a minute...Roses? Candles?

He turned around again and looked at Harry who was blushing like a madman and was smiling softly, his irresistible dimples showing.

"What are we celebrating?" The blue eyed boy asked, obviously confused.

Harry's smile immediately turned into a frown."You forgot, didn't you?"

"I know it's our anniversary today, but you always told me that you didn't think anniversaries were special. You wanted to be shown you're being loved every day." Louis was still puzzled.

"I mean, I did, but..." Harry was looking down by now. "You don't like it, I'm sorry. I just thought it would be nice, but it's okay, I'll clean it up." He rushed out and walked past Louis, but he grabbed his hand and turned him to face him. He had tears in his eyes and Louis' heart ached.

"H, what happened?" He asked softly, wiping his tears with his thumbs.

"Nothing, I just..." He only cried when he was really nervous about something or whenever they fought, so what was happening? Louis couldn't understand.

"What is it, babe? You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" He asked, cupping Harry's face in his hands and pecking him softly on the lips.

"I wanted to ask you something." Harry found the strength to say, the more he though about the incident with Eleanor, the worse he felt.

"Ask me then, love." Louis encouraged him, pushing a curl behind his ear.

"Well, I had a whole speech prepared for this, but it's not like us to go with the plan. Lou," He said, taking Louis' hands in his, "We've been dating for three years now and I really, really love you. My life is complete and the only thing that is missing is calling you my husband. I know we are young, but I think we are forever, so," He got down on one knee and let go of Louis' hands to bring a dark blue velvet box out of his pocket.

"Louis, will you marry me?" He asked, holding out the open box with the sparkly ring inside.

"Haz,"Louis stuttered. He was shocked and he felt lost. He couldn't marry Harry. Not yet. "I-I can't."

"What?" Harry whispered, pure and honest disappointment appearing on his face.

"I can't, Harry. We are still young, I'm only twenty two, you're only nineteen. It wouldn't work out." He struggled to find the right words.

Harry sniffled, getting back up and stuffing the small box back into his pocket. "I'm sorry, I get it. I'm so freaking stupid." He whispered, shaking his head and Louis pulled him into his chest.

"You're not stupid, Harry, it's just...we're not ready."

And I can't marry you when someone I just met, made my heart skip a beat, Louis thought, but didn't dare say it aloud.

"Stop saying we're not ready. You, you are not ready, or you just don't love me as much as I do." He suddenly raised his voice and pulled back completely.

"I love you, Haz, but it's too early for us to get married. Why don't you get it?"

"I don't want to talk anymore, I'm going upstairs." Harry said, completely emotionless now.

"Come on, baby...I'm sorry. Please," Louis tried, but Harry ignored him and went up the stairs without even looking at him.

It wasn't that Louis was unphased by the whole situation, but he wasn't sad. Sure, he was in love with Harry, but them being too young was his main reason of not wanting to marry him. Not only that, but another beautiful person had just came into his life and he suddenly couldn't stop thinking about them. She had taken over his thoughts. Just thinking about her name made him all giddy inside.

Eleanor, Eleanor, Eleanor...So beautiful.

___

This chapter is edited.
0

4/11/2020

Before reading further,take into account that this was written years ago,when I was immature,not really experienced with the english language and a huge carrot. Yes,I said carrot. I started editing the whole story,so it will take time,but feel free to continue if you don't mind some grammar mistakes here and there and major reference to the carroty past of the one direction fandom.

Please, enjoy!