19

The sound of my alarm fills the whole room and I groan rolling over to turn it off. It's 5am and today is the day that my best friend is moving away. I check my phone to see a text from her.

Lily- Can't believe I'm leaving I'll see you at the airport soon☹️💗

I quickly reply and get up since I need to leave in 20 minutes.

Emily- Me too I'm gonna miss you so much😭😭

I pull on a hoodie and pair of sweatpants then I brush my hair and leave it down.

"Are you ready Emily? We need to go" my mom calls from downstairs.

"Yeah I'll be there in a minute" I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth then pee and wash my hands.

After putting on a pair of vans I grab my phone and go downstairs. I find my mom waiting at the door with the keys in her hand.

"We can go to McDonald's on the way for breakfast" she says.

I smile and open the door before going outside and into the car. My mom joins me and we set off for the 30 minute drive to the airport. The McDonald's we'll stop at is twenty minutes from my house so I text Lily the whole way there since she is the only person awake right now.

When we reach McDonald's I order 9 chicken nuggets, fries and coke at the drive thru. My mom pays and continues driving until we reach the airport. She finds a parking spot and we get out of the car. I throw away my trash as we walk into the airport to find Lily. Instantly, I spot her with her family checking in their luggage. I run over and hug her.

"Emily I can't believe I'm not gonna see for ages" she says.

"I know but my mom said I can go to Canada in Summer to visit"

"I'm coming back here in summer as well to visit family and stuff" she says sniffling. I can tell she's trying to hold back tears.

"Mom we'll just be over here" Lily says pointing to some seats. Her mom nods and turns back to the many suitcases that she is struggling to sort out.

We sit down on the seats next to each other.

"I'm so mad that my parents are making me leave. I have to leave my bestfriend, my boyfriend, my school, my beloved bedroom and everything else I care about" Lily says.

"It's okay Lily. We'll FaceTime and talk everyday. It'll be like you never left" I hug her.

"And just when you got a boyfriend" she smirks.

"Me and Jacob are not dating"

"You basically are, you admitted you liked each other and you kissed. Sounds like dating to me"

"Yeah well we'll see since we're going on tour together for two months"

Lily's face lights up "Oh that reminds me, my mom said I can come to one of those magcon shows"

I smile "I can't wait"

"I'm really glad we did that bucket list thing. Seeing you drunk was really quite funny" she giggles.

"Me too that was a good night"

"Lily we've got to go" Her dad says loudly.

We stand up and Lily starts crying again.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Emily" We hug.

"Me too" I cry into her shoulder.

"Lily we can't miss the flight" her mom pesters.