3

He sits down. "Hey" he grins.

"H-hi" I blush. Oh great now he's gonna think I'm a weirdo. I turn back to the window.

"Okay class tomorrow we will be continuing the lesson and you will be sitting in these seats" Ms. Nicholson says.

The bells rings and we all file out of the classroom. Next I have my worst subject. Gym. We all sit on the bleachers and wait for the teacher.

"Soo how's sitting next to Jacob?" Lily ask me.

"We were there for about two minutes"

"You'll be sitting next to him for a whole hour tomorrow" she smirks.

"It's not like we can speak anyway"

"Yeah but I'm sure you'll find a way"

Just then the teacher walks in. "Good morning class today we will be doing the pacer test so go and get changed everyone"

Everyone groans as we slowly stand up to go to the changing room.

***

After the hellish hour of gym I have history. I walk to the classroom and go inside. I sit down and get out my jotter and textbook.

"Okay class you won't be needing your books today as I will be pairing you up to do partner projects."

Noo I don't have any friends in this class.

The teacher starts pairing people up until he finally reaches me.

"Emily and..." he looks around the room "Jacob". What. I didn't even know Jacob was in this class. "Everyone sit in your pairs and I'll explain what you need to do"

I look over at Jacob to see him walking towards me. Okay I'm gonna play it cool this time. He sits down at the chair next to me.

"Hey" I smile.

"Sup" he says back.

"So you will be doing a presentation on WW2 you have today to do it in class and if you are not finished you will need to complete it at home. Any questions?"

A girl called Emma puts up her hand.

"Yes" the teacher says.

"When is the presentation" she says.

"Tomorrow. Alright everybody get started."

Jacob turns to me "So. Got any plans for tonight?"

"Yeah actually I have a date with Netflix" I say.

"Aw well you'll have to miss it, we have a project to do"

"Not unless we finish it now"

"Hmm" is all he says.

I start doing the work but Jacob just sits back and does nothing.

"Are you gonna help me or not?" I ask him.

"Nah I'd rather do it tonight"

"Well I wouldn't"

"Why? Do you not wanna come to my house?"

I turn round to face him "Not really"

"Well that's a shame I guess I'll just have to come to yours" he smirks.

"Okay then"

"Great I'll meet you outside the main door at the end of school"

"Cool"

"Cool"

Then the bell rings and we all hurry to lunch. I find Lily in our usual spot and we go to the lunchroom to get lunch. After we get our food we go to our table. On our way there Jacob catches my eye and winks at me.

"Did Jacob just wink at you" Lily says.

"I guess" I shrug.

"What do you mean you guess. Why did he wink at you?"

"He's coming to my house after school cause we got paired together for this project in history"

"Oh my god really.  I'm so happy for you. Your crush is going to your house" she gushes.

"Lily shut up he'll hear you"

"Sorry"

After lunch the rest of my classes fly by and before I know it it's the end of the day. I walk to the door feeling nervous. Jacobs coming to my house. Thank god my mom won't be there, that would be awkward. I walk outside and see Jacob immediately.

"Hey Emily"

"Hi Jacob"

"We're going to Starbucks by the way I need my frappé"

"Okay cool"

We start walking in an awkward silence for a few minutes till he finally breaks it.

"I think we should play 20 questions"

"Why?" I laugh.

"Cause I want to get to know you" he says.

"Okay you start" I say.

"Favourite color?"

"Turquoise. Biggest fear?"

"Spiders. Favourite candy?" He asks.

"Reece's pieces. Fave celebrity?"

"Ariana Grande. We're here" he says opening the door to Starbucks. We both get drinks then leave.

"Your turn" I say sipping on my drink.

"Okay lets make the questions more interesting. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?"

"I would bring my dad back"

"What happened to him"

"He died last year because of cancer" I say. I can feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh my god I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" he turns to me and hugs me. We stay like this for a moment.

"No it's okay we had known it was coming for years before"

"That doesn't make it any easier" he says softly. We pull apart and he looks me in the eye "I really am sorry and if you ever want to talk I'm here"

"Thank you Jacob" I smile and we keep walking until we reach my house. "Well here it is" I say unlocking the door.

"Wow your house is nice" he says stepping inside.

"Want anything to eat?" I ask him going into the kitchen.

"Sure I could never refuse the offer of food"

I laugh and open the cupboard. "Doritos?"

"Yess my faves"

I grab the bag and we go upstairs to my room.

"Wait here i need to check that my rooms tidy" I say and go inside closing the door. I quickly pick up dirty clothes and underwear from around the floor and put them into the washing basket. "Okay you can come in" I say opening the door.

"What are you hiding from me Emily?" He says raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing" I laugh. "Let's get this project done so I can have my date with Netflix"