13

"Emily go on just do it" Jacob urges me.

"Jacob I'm not licking your toe" I say trying not to laugh.

"Yes you are, I dared you" me and Jacob had been playing truth or dare for the past 10 minutes and so far we we're getting nowhere.

"But that's disgusting. I'm not licking your smelly old toe"

"Ugh fine then you'll have to do the consequence"

"Which is?"

"Kiss me"

I freeze "What?"

He looks me dead in the eye for a few seconds "Nah I'm just playing with you" he laughs.

"Oh" I laugh. "Shoot it's already 10:30 and we have school tomorrow"

"Stop trying to get out of this you actually have to do a forfeit"

"Well what is it then?"

"Hmm. I haven't thought of that but I will by tomorrow and you will do it"

"Alright Rolf just tell me where I'm sleeping"

"Hey I told you not to call me that" he punches me lightly in the arm. He stands up and walks towards his door.

"You know it's not nice to hit people, Rolf" I say following him.

"And it's not nice to call people names they don't wanna be called. Here's your room" he opens the door and I see a medium sized room painted white with a huge bed in the middle.

"Niceee. Night Jacob"

"Night Emily" he hugs me and leaves to go back to his room.

After getting changed and brushing my teeth, I get into the bed and try to fall asleep. Realising that I can't I decide to scroll through my social media instead. I'm just about to watch a YouTube video when I get a snapchat from Jacob. It's a selfie of him in bed with the caption 'are you still awake?' I send him one back with the caption 'yeah I can't sleep :/'. A minute later he replies 'Me neither☹️' a send him back a selfie with the sad face filter and switch my phone off. I close my eyes and put my phone under my pillow while I attempt to get to sleep again. Suddenly the door creaks open and I turn on the lamp to see Jacob.

"Oh my god Jacob you scared me. What are you doing?"

"I decided we should watch a movie since we both can't sleep" he holds up his laptop but I'm too busy staring at his shirtless body again. He walks over to the bed and gets under the covers with me. "What do you wanna watch?" He asks.

"I don't mind you pick" I say.

"How about the Justin Bieber movie?" He says.

I laugh "Okay sure"

He puts it on and we start watching but about 20 minutes into it I start to get really sleepy so I lie back a bit but the position I'm lying in means that I can't really see the laptop screen.

Jacob notices my struggle "Here" he puts arm round the back of me and pulls me closer so that I'm leaning on his shoulder. His arm is over both my shoulders and his hand is resting on my arm. It makes me nervous to be touching him like this but I also feel warm and safe.

"Thanks" I yawn. A few minutes later I fall asleep, still cuddled into him.

***

"Emily, Emily it's time to wake up" Jacobs says softly.

"Huh?" I open my eyes and see that it's morning and Jacob is still in my bed. That's the second time in a row. "Jacob what if your parents saw! get out"

"It's fine it's not like we did anything" he smirks and stands up, grabbing his laptop that was still on the bed "Be ready by 8:10" he leaves the room and I check the time on my phone. 7am. Ughhhh. Only two more days since me and Lily are skipping on Friday. I drag myself out of bed and realise that I need a shower.

"Jacob" I knock on his door.

"Yeah?" He answers.

"Can I borrow a towel to have a shower?"

"Sure just use whatever's in the bathroom" he says.

"Thanks" I walk over to the bathroom that was across from his room and lock the door behind me. After starting up the shower I pick a towel from the many that were hanging on a rail and put it on top off the toilet seat lid. Then I undress and get into the shower.

When I'm finished in the bathroom I get dressed into jeans and a hoodie, tie my hair in a high ponytail and put on concealer and mascara. Then I make sure that I have everything in my bag and go downstairs. I'm not sure where Jacob is so I go into the kitchen hoping to find someone.

"Hey" Jacob says when I walk in. I look at the table to see him eating a bowl of cereal. "Want some?"

"Sure where are your bowls?" I say walking over to the cabinets.

"Oh no I'll get it you sit down" he stands up and pulls out the chair next to him.

"Thank you but just a small bowl I don't really like eating breakfast" I say as I sit down.

"Really? Breakfast is the most important meal-"

"Of the day" I cut him off "yeah yeah I know my mom gives me that lecture every morning but I always feel to full to have it I don't know why"

"I love breakfast" Jacob says pouring some cereal into a bowl "Actually I just love food. Milk?" I nod and he pours some in. "Here you go" he gets a spoon and brings the bowl over to me before sitting down.

"Thanks" I start eating and go on my phone to text Lily to tell her I won't be walking with her.

"You know you get ready pretty quickly for a girl" Jacob says.

I laugh "Thanks I guess"

"Oh no we need to go. I can't be late again or I'll get a detention" he says worriedly.

I quickly finish off my cereal and run up to get my bag and jacket. After putting on my shoes we both step outside into the freezing cold weather. The snow was still there but it had melted a bit.