17

My phone rings again for the seventh time today. Every hour, on the hour Jacob would call me. And every hour, on the hour I would wait until it rung out. Today is Boxing Day and it's been a week since my party. A week since Jacob forgot. A week since I've had a proper conversation with him.

I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help being annoyed at him. He really did nothing wrong. I'm just too scared to say anything about it and seeing him makes me sad. I really need to get over this sooner or later because I don't want to lose him, especially now that Lily won't be here anymore.

My Christmas was ok I guess. It was hard though because it was the second Christmas since my dad passed away. It just didn't feel right being happy and cheerful without him. Today me and my mom are having a movie day which has been our Boxing Day tradition ever since I can remember. We sit on the couch in our pyjamas and watch whatever movies we want while eating our Christmas chocolate.

"Honey who keeps phoning you?" My mom asks.

"Oh nobody" i check the time on my phone to see that's already 5pm. "Are we getting pizza?"

"Yeah I'll go get my laptop and we can order it" She stands up and walks out of the room.

I keep watching the film until my phone dings with a text.

Jacob- I'm coming over.

Oh. Well I suppose I'm gonna have to face up to him sometime. I look down at my pyjamas wondering if i should change or not but decide against it as it's not as if Jacob hasn't seen me like this before.

"So what kind of pizza do you want?" My mom asks coming back in the room.

"Umm Mom is it okay if my friend Jacob comes round?"

"Is this the Jacob who's house you went to last week?"

"Yeah I just need to talk to him for like 5 minutes"

"Okay that's fine"

A few minutes later I hear the doorbell. I get up and walk to the door feeling nervous. After I unlock it I open the door to see Jacob standing there in a hoodie and sweatpants. His hair was messy and he had a small bag in his hand.

"Hey come in" I say.

He walks through the door and I shut it behind him.

"Let's go upstairs" I didn't want my mom eavesdropping on our conversation.

Once we get to my room I shut the door and Jacob sits on my bed. I sit down next to him.

"Emily what did I do wrong? Why do you keep ignoring me? Things where going so well then you suddenly stopped speaking to me" his voice cracks a bit at the end and he looks as if he's about to cry.

"I'm sorry it's just...I just..." I don't know what to say.

"What? I don't want to lose you Emily. Just tell me what's wrong" he looks at me with big eyes.

I'm gonna tell him. I have to.

"Well on that night when I had my party before we went to bed I told you that I-I have feelings for you and you said the same" His face shows no emotion "Then we kissed"

He sits back not saying anything and we sit in an awkward silence for a few minutes.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He breaks it.

"I was scared that you didn't mean it.  Did you mean it?"

"Yes i did. I do"

I smile. "And it was my first kiss and you didn't even remember it"

"Well maybe we'll have to try again" He starts to lean in and so do I but my door suddenly bursts open before our lips have a chance to meet.

I jump back from Jacob and look up to see my mom standing at my door.

"Emily I've told you before. No boys in your room with the door closed"

I ignore her comment "Mom this is Jacob"

"Hello Jacob are you staying for dinner?  I'm just about to order pizza"

"Hi Mrs Smith. Umm" he looks at me.

"Yeah he's staying" I say.

"Okay what kind of pizza do you kids want?"

"Just get margarita" I tell her.

She leaves and makes a point of leaving the door open. I groan and shut it after she's gone downstairs. I turn round to see Jacob smirking at me.

"What's so funny?"

"Emily you better not disobey your moms rules"

"She's downstairs anyway so how would she know if the doors open or not. Now" I sit back down on my bed "Where were we?"

Jacob softly places his hand on the side of my face, just above my neck. I close my eyes and he pulls my face close to his then we both lean in until our lips touch. I feel butterflies in my stomach as we kiss, our lips moving in sync. After a few seconds we part and he puts his forehead on mine.

"Does that answer your questions?" He asks.

"Mmhmm" I smile. "What's in that bag?" I ask leaning back.

"It's your Christmas present since I didn't have a chance to give you it" he hands me the bag.

"Oh yeah I'll go get yours in a minute"

I reach into the bag and pull out a jewellery box. I open it to see a necklace with a small silver heart on it.

"Aw Jacob I love it thank you" I hug him.

"Wait turn it over" he says.

I do what he says and see a very small J engraved into it.

"So that I can always be with you even when I'm not" he smiles.

"Aww that's so cute. Help me put it on" I open the clasp and hand the necklace to Jacob then I hold up my hair and turn round.

"There" I hear the clasp close. It sits perfectly on my neck.

"Thanks I'll go and get your present" I walk over to my closet and pull out the hoodie that I bought for him. I had wrapped it up in wrapping paper just after I had bought it. "Here you go" I throw it at him.

He starts to tear the paper while I sit there anxiously. I always get so nervous when people open their presents from me in front of me in case they don't like it. He pulls out the hoodie and looks at it.

"Yoo this is so nice thank you Emily"

"Your welcome" I smile relieved that he likes it.

"EMILY JACOB PIZZAS HERE" my mom calls from downstairs.

"That was quick" I laugh and we both go downstairs.