8

"So, Emily how long have you and Jacob been friends?" Jacobs dad asks me. We are all sitting at his dining table eating.

"About a week" I say laughing.

"Wow you two got close quickly if he's already bringing you home to meet the parents" his sister says smirking at Jacob.

"Caroline stop it" Jacob says annoyed. Jacobs sister has been non-stop teasing him since we sat down.

"What? You two are cute" she says.

"Right that's enough Caroline" Pattie says. "Who wants dessert?" She asks seeing that we've all finished.

For dessert we have me and Jacobs favourite, chocolate cake. When we're finished I see that it's 8pm so I decide it's time to leave.

"Thank you very much your cooking was delicious" I say to Pattie.

"It was lovely having you here, come again whenever you want" she says.

Jacob walks me to his door. "Sorry my families so annoying" he says.

"Their not, their nice" I say.

"Nah their annoying"

"Well you can always come to my house if they get too annoying since I'm home alone"

"I actually might take you up on that offer" We reach the door and he hugs me. "Well I'll see you tomorrow at school a.k.a hell"

"Yeah I'll see you in math"

I step outside.

"Bye"

"Bye"

I walk the short distance back to my house and when i get there I realise that I need to go to Lily's so I walk in the opposite direction till I get there. I ring the doorbell and Lily opens the door immediately. "Thank god your here" I notice that she's been crying.

"What's wrong did Liam break up with you?" We go up to her room.

"No it's nothing like that"

"What is it Lily?" We sit down on her bed.

She bursts into tears "I'm moving... to Canada"

"What? When? Why?" I feel tears coming. My best friend can't be moving. I need her.

"My parents are so against Donald Trump that their not living here when he becomes president. We're moving on the 24th of January"

"Only 5 weeks? Nooo" I hug Lily and we cry together for a few minutes. "We're gonna make these 5 weeks unforgettable and we're gonna have the best time ever ok?"

Lily nods "ok"

"I've got to go I'll see you tomorrow" I say standing up.

"Bye Emily"

"Bye Lily"

I walk back to my house and get ready for bed. Just as I'm about to go to sleep Lily facetimes me.

"Heyy" she says in a much happier mood.

"Hey you seem happier. Did your parents change their minds?"

"No but there's something I want you to help me with"

"Sure. What?"

"So" she shows me a piece of paper "i made a list of everything I want to do before I leave. And you're gonna do all of it with me"

"Read it out then I'm excited"

"Okay but you have to agree that you'll do everything on it"

"I will. Read it out"

"1- Throw a party, 2- Get drunk, 3-spend a full day watching Netflix and eating pizza in bed, 4- Kiss somebody, 5-skip school, 6-Have an all nighter, 7-Jump into a pool fully clothed, 8- Buy one of those giant teddy bears and cut it open then go around a mall in it, 9- Build an igloo in the snow when it comes, It's supposed to snow tonight by the way, and last but not least 10-Vandalise the school on my last day at it. You don't have to do that one but your doing all the others"

"That sounds fun and really random but why kiss someone? You have a boyfriend and I'm not kissing anyone so just take it out of the list"

"No you're gonna kiss Jacob"

"No I don't want to ruin our friendship"

"Don't you want it to be more than a friendship?"

"Well yes but I don't wanna do anything till i know that he likes me back. Anyway how are you gonna get all of this done in 3 weeks?"

"Oh it'll be easy we can combine some and we'll need to skip school sometime this week since we won't be there for the next two"

"How about we skip school on Friday and you can come to mine then we could have a party that night since my moms away"

"Yes that is perfect and we can use our day off school to set everything up"

"I'm actually really excited for this mini bucket list of yours but I need to go now I'm exhausted. See you tomorrow"

"Bye" I turn off my phone then put it on charge and go to sleep.