1

"Emily? Emily are you even listening to me?" My best friend Lily snaps me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I peel my eyes away from his dreamy tanned face and look at her.

"I said did you do the homework?" Lily asks me.

"Yeah" I say passing her my jotter to copy from.

"Thanks and are you still coming to mine tonight?"

"Of course I am it's our tradition." Me and Lily have been best friends ever since I can remember and we always have a sleepover on Friday night alternating who's house it's at. Tonight it's at hers.

Ms Nicholson, our math teacher, notices we're talking. "Girls do you want a detention?".

We both shake our heads.

"Well I suggest you stop talking and get back to your work".

I finish copying the notes off the board just as the bell rings, signalling the end of the day. I pack away my stuff and look up to see him staring at me. He blushes and quickly turns away.

Me and Lily walk out of school and go to Starbucks which was also our Friday tradition. After we're finished we go to her house and watch a movie. When it's finished she turns to me.

"So who do you like?" Not this again.

I laugh "For the last time I'm not telling you".

"But why nottt" she groans.

"Because I have a stupid crush on someone and i want it to go away but if I tell you you'll just tease me and it never will".

"But you know who I like"

"Yeah cause you have a boyfriend"

"Pleaseeee" she pleads.

"No I'm not telling you".

"One way or another I'm gonna find out by the end of this sleepover".

Just then Lily's mom calls us for dinner. We have pizza then we grab some chips and go back up to her room and watch more films then go to sleep.

I wake up to Lily shaking me.

"Get upp its 11:30 how can you sleep for so long?"

"Shhh" I say and roll back over closing my eyes.

"EMILY WAKE UP"

"Calm down I was having a good dream before you woke me up and I'm trying to get it back"

"K just get up we're going to IHOP then the mall I need some new clothes"

I drag myself out of her bed and get clothes out of my bag. Since it was the start of December it was really cold outside so I put on blue jeans and a blue and white striped jumper with ugg boots. I put on some makeup and brushed my hair.

"Okay I'm ready let's go" I call Lily. She comes out of the bathroom with a somewhat similar outfit to mine. We both put on scarfs and jackets. Her mom drives us to IHOP which is thankfully only 5 minutes from the mall. We both get blueberry pancakes. When we're finished we walk to the mall and go into the first store which is forever 21. My favourite. I buy 5 shirts and a pair of leggings. After we're finished in there we go to H&M and buy more stuff. After that we decide we're hungry so we go to the food court. I get in line for McDonald's while Lily finds a table. I get to the front of the queue and order a chicken nuggets sharing box and fries for Lily and I. Once there ready I take them to our table.

"So can you just tell me who you like?"

I give her a look.

"Pleaseeee" she pleads.

"Fine" I give in.

"Really?" She looks surprised "Who then"

"Jacob"

"Omg really you guys would be so cute together" she gushes.

"Nooo I shouldn't have told you. You have to promise me you won't tell anyone ok?"

"Fine I promise"

"Lily if you tell anyone especially him I will personally murder you"

"Don't worry I won't. So why don't you just speak to him"

"Cause I'm too nervous" I say putting a fry into my mouth.

"I'm gonna ask him if he likes you"

"If he likes me he would have spoken to me. I highly doubt he does."

We finish off our McDonald's and go to a few more stores. When we're finished we both go home.