9

The next morning when I wake up there is a thick blanket of snow covering the ground but not enough for a snow day. I sigh and get out of bed. Just 4 more days of school. After getting ready, i grab a muffin and leave the house. I need to remember to go shopping for some nicer food after school. I walk as fast as i can to Lilys house trying not to slip in the snow. When i get there she's waiting outside.

"You're a bit late today" She comments.

"Yeah sorry it was kind of hard to walk through this snow"

"Whatever, so i was thinking we should build the igloo tomorrow after school since its meant to snow again today and i'm gonna invite Liam to help us so i think you should ask Jacob to come too"

"Yeah i'll ask him. Can you come to the grocery store with me after school?" I ask as we reach school.

"Yeah of course i'll see you at lunch" She says walking off in the opposite direction.

***

I get to math early to find Jacob already there.

"I might take you up on that offer to stay at yours. My parents are being so annoying at the moment" he says before I've even had the chance to sit down.

I laugh "Hello to you to Jacob and of course you can"

"Oh hey sorry I was nervous to ask you. Thanks"

"Why?"

"I dunno I just thought I was being rude"

"No it's fine it'll be nice to have some company. So are you coming straight after school?"

"Nah I have basketball practice after school so is it ok if I come at 6?"

"Only if you like Chinese since that's what I'm ordering"

"I love Chinese"

"Perfect I'll see you at 6 then" I smile.

The teacher walks in so we turn our attention to her.

***

Lily and I meet at the main door after school to go shopping. We start walking to Walmart since it's only 15 minutes from school.

"Did you ask Jacob to come tomorrow?" She asks as we walk.

"Oh no I forgot but he's staying at mine tonight so I can ask him then"

"He's staying at yours? Why?"

"He said his family was being really annoying so I said he could just stay at mine"

"Sounds to me like he's trying to make a move" she smirks.

"No he's not he's gonna be sleeping in the spare room"

"Yeahh whatever so I think we should do number 7 after we've been shopping"

"Which is what again?"

"Jump into a pool fully clothed"

"Lily it's freezing my pool will be like an ice bath"

"Well thank god for pool heaters. We're doing it"

We reach Walmart and go inside. "We should buy stuff for the party"

"Yeah I'll go and get cups and stuff you get food" Lily says.

"K I'll text you when I've got everything" I say grabbing a cart.

I walk around the store picking up various bags of candy and chips. I also get some other food like bagels, fruit and of course chocolate cake. Once I've got everything I text Lily and she tells me to meet her at the checkout. I spot the giant teddy bear she's holding before I spot her.

"Hey I found the bear we can use for number 8" She says.

"I'm really excited for that one when do you wanna do it?"

"At the weekend? Probably Sunday since we'll be hung over on Saturday"

"Where exactly are you planning to get the alcohol?" I ask as we unload everything onto the conveyer belt.

"I'm gonna steal some from my parents but I was hoping since your moms not even at your house we could steal some from her"

"Oh yeah I never thought of that. My mom has so many bottles of alcohol she wouldn't notice if some of them went missing"

"Thanks I was hoping you'd say that"

The total comes to $60.00. I take out the money that my mom left me for the week and pay. Then we leave and walk back to my house.

"We need to get word out about the party but I don't want to many people coming what do you think we should do?" I ask.

"I think we should tell everyone on Thursday so that then hopefully some people will be busy and not everyone will come"

"Good idea" I check my phone "we'll have to be quick swimming, Jacobs coming in an hour"

"Aw this is so cute how you and your boyfriend are having a sleepover"

"Lily shut up he's not my boyfriend" I say unlocking my door.

We put the groceries in the kitchen then take our phones and stuff out of our pockets.

"Remind me again why this is a good idea in the middle of December" I say as we go outside to my pool.

"It'll be fun" she grabs my hand. "On the count of three. One, two, three" we jump into the water which was freezing despite the heater.

"Oh my god it's so cold" I shriek.

"It's fine once you start swimming" Lily says.

"I have to admit it's kind of fun wearing all your clothes in a pool"

"Told you it would be" she splashes me. I splash her back and we start having a water fight.

"We should get out now Jacobs gonna be here soon" I say after we mess around for half an hour.

"Can I borrow some dry clothes?" Lily says as we enter my house.

"Sure you can use my shower and I'll use my moms"

Lily grabs clothes from my room and goes into my bathroom. I get undressed and wrap a towel around my body. Then I go to my moms bathroom and just as I'm about to start the shower I hear the doorbell. Oh no Jacobs here. I quickly run into my room and put on my bathrobe then I go downstairs and open the door.

"Hey" Jacob says.

"Hey come in I'm just about to go in the shower"

"You look like you've already had a shower" he laughs.

"Yeah me and Lily were in my pool. I'll be 15 minutes you can watch tv" I hand him the remote and disappear upstairs.

***

After my shower I go into my bedroom to see Lily sitting on my bed. She stands up as soon as she's me.

"I'm gonna go home see you tomorrow" she says walking towards the door.

"Okay bye"

After she leaves I put on underwear and my pyjamas which consisted of shorts and a t-shirt. Then I go downstairs to see Jacob watching Disney channel. I sit down on the couch next to him and he looks at me.

"Hey. Thanks again for letting me stay"

"It's okay. What do you want from the Chinese place?"