Strigoi Attack

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around much. I just celebrated Mardi Gras and enjoyed the week long break I got, so now that I'm back home I can finish writing this story.

Rose POV
It was an average day of teaching today. Or should I say night. Ever since Rachel Morgan heard of my kind sleeping during the day, and active at night, I've had some classes be right before dinner. The sun was setting now, and all the girls have been caught up with how to fight a strigoi. We are now on the paper part of it. Everything was going as it normally does when I started feeling queezy.

At first I thought it was my pregnancy, but it's night now and lunch was a couple of hours ago. So it wasn't morning sickness, not food my baby doesn't like, so it must be-. Oh no. No no no no no. Not right now.

"Baxter and Alvarez come with me. The rest of you stay here. Morgan, go tell your mom of a possible strigoi attack coming right now," I ordered.

Everyone did as they were told and Baxter and Alvarez followed me. They were the best in combat in this class. Well Cammie Morgan was up there with Baxter, but the strigoi want her as well so I figured telling her to tell her mom would get her not to follow us, and have her mom informed at the same time.

I followed my gut to where I wanted to puke most, and found about 40 strigoi coming our way from the front.

"Let's stick together. We got each other's backs. One of us breaks away from each their, get back to us," I instructed.

I handed them stakes just in time for us all to stake three strigoi from their front ranks.
We stayed at each other's backs, and staked everything in arms reach.
Soon, every strigoi was dead, and we were glancing around for any more.
They handed me the stakes back, but I let them keep them for the good job they did. They thanked me, and we headed back to class.
When we arrived at the classroom, Cammie and Rachel were waiting for us there.

"Was everything alright??" Rachel asked me.

"There were 40 strigoi at the front gate. Ms. Baxter and Ms. Alvarez helped me defeat them, so they have earned their stakes," I told her.

She smiled and asked to see them. The girls showed her their stakes, and she ran her hands over them.

"So these silver stakes kill strigoi," Rachel stated more than asked.

"Yes ma'am. They are the only thing sharp enough to pierce their skin, and the silver burns them," I told her.
"But they can't come out in daylight because the sun burns them too," I added.

She nodded thoughtfully before thanking me for my service. I nodded and continued with class.

Soon dinner came, and I was super glad because this baby boy wants some food!!
It was American-English today, and there were burgers, pizza, BBQ chicken and ribs, and many more delicious foods. I probably gained ten more pounds added to my baby boy's space he's taking up.

My little Aleksandr is kicking now, so every time I lay down or stop moving he kicks. It's been hard to sleep at night, but I don't mind talking to him every night.

If only Dimitri would have loved me enough to stay with me. Then he would be here for us both. I miss him so much, but if I tried to call him or write to him he would not answer.

I'm hoping to have the next chapter done soon, so hopefully I can finish this book sooner rather than later. Adios amigos.