Chapter 30. This is Us

Chase's P.O.V

He's not moving.

My vision is blocked out and all I can see is red, and it takes me a moment to realize that its coming from him.
My body's shaking and I can't move, I can't breathe. He's not moving, and
I look down at my hands to see there bruised black and purple, to red and white. The hands that were wrapped around his neck after beating his face. He's not moving.
My lips finally start to cooperate with the rest of my body when I realize were I'm at, who I'm with.
"Ace," I whisper unable to take my eyes off what I just did.

"Ace!" I yell on the top of my lungs backing away from the body in the process almost tripping over the welcome mat by the door.

"What is it?" Ace asks charging from the door with Tim hot on his trail. He instantly comes to a halt when his eyes caught a glimpse of what I can't take my eyes off of, he slowly looks back up at me his eyes a shade I never seen before.

"What did you do Chase?" His tone is  cautious like he's still trying to shake me from the haze that I'm drowning in.
"I-I its him, Ace. He's the one, he took her, he took Amelia," I stutter my voice shaking not knowing how else to word it.
"Are you sure?" He's so calm at this point it disturbing.
All I can do is nod as Tim watches Ace's  movement then turns and grabs the body, which is all he is now; a body, and drags him inside the house. 

Ace doesn't move or talk and for a while I think he  went into shock but that thought instantly gets thrown away when he crumbles down to the ground and cries. Shamelessly, with out a care who sees. And that's not him, his back is turned towards me and as much as I want to comfort him, I can't.

"I think I killed him. I-I didn't mean to, I couldn't stop, I didn't mean to," I keep repeating to myself trying to convince it to anyone that I didn't mean to but I myself didn't even believe it. Ace's whole body breaks into a sob and I couldn't help but think how did we come to this. All Ace ever wanted was to find the guy who got our sister killed and he would do anything to do just that.

Even ruin a innocent persons life, and then he fell for her. Jinx, the weird nerd who's not actually a nerd, then he lost her, we all did. Now the guy's dead, the reason why he's like this is dead, and a part of me is so fucking happy and not because I blamed him for what happened to our sister, because that will always be my fault. I let her leave. Me.
But, that coward ruined my brother, and my brother ruined Jinx and that was just something I couldn't let go, and I don't think any of us know where to go from here.

Ace slowly starts to regain himself and tries his best to get off the floor on wobbly legs. His grey eyes are glossy with tears and I never seen him this vulnerable. So alive, and its the most unbelievable thing, because I never thought I would see the day he looked exactly how he did the day he showed up knocking on my mom's door when I was no older than fourteen.

"We'll figure this out Chase this is my fault. Don't worry about it if anything happens it was me, no matter what happens, it was me. I have to go fix something's but I'll be back."

Ace looks me in the eye and for once I know exactly what he's feeling and exactly where he's going, and for once I know that everything's going to be okay. No matter what happens.

The thing is no story ever ends in a happily ever after and if it did it was just the beginning. But for once I'm no longer afraid for our ending, after all we had a hell of a beginning. This is our middle, the good, the bad, the ugly, the pretty, all of it, this is us.

//
A/N

This is not the ending I'm still debating on how exactly to close this book but I think this has at least  ten more chapters I would like to say. After all ace has some unfinished business.