Chapter 2. Seeing a gang leader face to face

Jinx's POV
Chapter 2- Seeing a Gang leader face to face

We've all seen the sketch outs they have the poor vandalized freshmen try to draw of him, or the ones the average everyday victim try to describe but it's not even close to how he really looks in real life.
Not even close.

The one thing I would say they got right was his smirk. Not the cocky trying to be cute smirk Chase has, this one was deadly, dangerous even.

You could almost tell he has probably seen unspeakable things through his dark greyish brown eyes. He has dark wet brown colored hair and perfectly clear tanned skin. There's a faint scar running down his right cheekbone, other than that there's nothing but flawless skin covered in unexplainable tattoos.
The one thing I could make out was the dark bold letters that said Anderson on his wrist.

"OMG, It-" I slam my palm over Mia's mouth.
"Shut up, before he kills us, " I whisper harshly in her ear. She nods softly.
I know she's scared and I need to get her out of here before she passes out and leaves me to drag her to safety.

"Come on we're going to find Ethan, just act normal and follow me.

I slowly take my palm off her face and
she fixes her hair with her hands and adjusts her clothes.

Typical Mia.

I grab her wrist and we walk across Chase's lawn as cordially as possible, and we almost made it until a voice called out to me.
"Hey, Jinx you leaving so soon?" Chase calls out loudly causing everyone in Ace's gang to turn and look at me, including Ace himself.

I was eye to eye with a gang leader who now knows what my face looks like just in case he wants to kill me he knows exactly what I look like. Great, just god dammed great. And though I should have been focusing on that, all I could think about was how beautiful he was.

"I was until you stopped me, " I yell back angrily at Chase. Mia gasp and a look of horror crosses her face. I just yelled at a gang leaders little brother. Oh shît.

I guess I have a death wish too.
Ace shoots Chase a look but, Chase just smirks and shakes his head and they begin to walk up to us.
This is the 4th thing I did wrong today. If you can't tell by now, there's many things I did wrong today.

I could tell by the way Mia is acting she is about to run. But my hand is on her wrist and I'm currently frozen, unable to move a inch causing her to stay put to.
They become face to face with us and Mia begins to shake ever so slightly.

"Hey are you still drunk Mia cause I could use another kiss?"Chase asks knowingly. Her face scrunches up in confusion but the fear is still clear in her eyes.
"What are you talking about? " Her voice breaks a bit as she talks but Chase simply grins at his friends and brother on a inside secret only me and him know about.

"Anyways, Jinx I was wondering if you would want to hang out with me sometime." He blows off Mia's question and directs one to me. Mia's eyes widened in shock and her lips parted slightly.
Is it that surprising someone would want to hang out with me?
Yah, that's pretty accurate.

"No thanks Chase, I have to go now."
I say quickly and almost run towards a drunken Ethan. I don't even bother to look back, I'm centimetres away from Ethan when Mia stops me before I could even talk to him.

"Chase Anderson just asked you out and you yelled at him then rejected him in front of his friends," she states as if I didn't know what just took place seconds ago.

"How are we going to get home, Ethan's totally drunk?" I ask ignoring her and she huffs exasperated, like this whole situation is exhausting her more than it is me.
"I don't know maybe you should ask your new boyfriend."

She doesn't make eye contact with me like she always does and I snort. "Hey, look he doesn't even like me. He just wants to use me because he knows I don't want him like most girls do. He doesn't know me and he never will," I state positively. Mia nods satisfied with my answer.

I know she wants him. Someway are another at the end, Mia always gets what Mia wants and she only wants him because after years of a guys pretending as if I don't exist.
He didn't.

And I know I should care, but I don't.
"How are we getting home?" I ask again looking at Ethan who is drunkenly playing beer pong.
"I could call my brother," she says waiting for my reaction. I used to have a huge crush on her older brother until he became a huge A hole and broke my heart. But that's a story for another time and a different place.

"I honestly don't want to ride in a car with him and isn't he like preparing for college and studying, " I say keeping my voice calm and even as possible.

"So how are we going to get home then, you could walk the 6 miles to get all the way to your house or you can suck it up and ride with me and my brother." I could tell she was felling smug about this so I decide to play smug as well.

"Ugh fine, whatever. I'll just get a ride with Chase, " I tell her enjoying watching her smug look fall off her face.

"I thought you said you didn't like him," she says sharply. I almost laugh at her angered face.

"No, I said he probably doesn't like me I never said anything about me not liking him." I could feel the adrenaline course through my veins.
I pretend to look around for Chase. The crazy thing is he's staring at me with this spaced out look in the same spot I left him a few seconds ago.
Boys, so pathetic.
Huh maybe he would give me a ride home.

I start to walk up to him when I hear a voice.
"Wait could he take me home to? "Mia says in a softer tone than before and for a second I forgot she was my best friend.
This is just how our friendship works, blackmail plays a key feature.

"I'm not going to leave without you so come on, " I say and she grins back at me and stares at Chase. He's hot in a charming kind of way I guess. He has lighter hair than Ace and his eyes are a regular brown. Same smooth flawless tanned olive
skin though.

"I told you she would come back," Chase says to his friends cockily.
"Look Chase, I only came to ask if you would give me a ride home." Ace's gang starts to snicker and Chase's cheeks turn a little pink.

He quickly plasters a smirk on his lips after regaining composure.
"I'll give you a ride if you give me a single kiss," Chase says clearly amused from having the 'upperhand'
"I'll rather eat dirt," I say seriously.

"Listen little bro I have to get home there's a importing meeting I have with The Stones gang leader tomorrow," Ace says all business like.
"Okay. I'll see you around. You know school is starting back this Monday?"Chase says and Ace chuckles a bit.

"School, of course I knew. I have my backpack and pink lunch box all picked out with matching sparkly pencils," Ace says sarcastically while pulling off on his motorcycle.

"I don't wanna kiss you please just take us home?" I ask Chase.
He huffs rolling his eyes."Fine prude, but your going to be in debt to a Anderson, you owe me a kiss." He warns me.

"Fine," I mumble under my breath and we all get into Chase's car and he drops off Mia first.
Little did I know is that the 5th thing I did wrong was owe a Anderson a kiss.

**********************************
Comment
Share
Vote