Chapter 7. The Strong Ones

"Gang. You want me to be a part of your gang." My voice is calmer than soft waves on a sunny day at a beach, but I had this felling hurricane Sandy was going to erupt.

Chase seems more surprised then me judging by the way his eyes pop out his head and the his face turns a awful pasty shade of white, the way he stares holes into his brother makes me look down.

Ace just nods once and keeps his observing eyes sculpted on my every move and I felt like everything was moving forward except for me, like I was just stuck in the middle of my entire life.

"Look here Jinx I saved your life. I pulled your unmoving unconscious body out of a pool. All I'm asking is for your help, and to tribute to that help I'm going to need you to temporarily join my gang." So raspy yet clear, his voice could calm a serial killer. If only he knew I'm way more unstable than probably any serial killer he'll ever meet.

A look of uncertainty and maybe even hurt crosses over Chase's face before it disappears, and turns into stone matching his most likely heartless brother.
"Are you sure you know what your doing Ace? This could be dangerous, knowing you, she could get killed," Chase says almost strained to get the words to come out of his mouth. Ace looks at me then back at him, never a single emotion or uncertainty crossing his face.

"She's stronger than you think Chase." Chase frowns and gives me a quick glance over.

"Yah, and when some guy from another gang decides to trigger his gun at her she'll just be strong and maybe the bullet won't go through and kill her," frustration seeks through Chase's  fierce yet sarcastic words.

Ace clenches his jaw clearly not liking his tone.
"The strongest people aren't the ones with muscles or physical strength and they definitely aren't the ones that hide behind a weapon. The strong ones are the people who are dying on the inside but still find time to laugh and smile on the outside. There the brave ones, the courageous, people that aren't like me and you Chase."

ווווו×
Vote
Comment
Share