73

Natalia woke up early the next morning before Mera, she grabbed a bowl and filled it with water, she washed her face and her hands and patted her face dry on a ratty old towel, she got her nicest garments on and went to wake up Mera. "Mera, wake up, Mera. We have prayer." Natalia woke her child up, Mera sat up and was holding her clone trooper stuffy. "Wash your face and hands and get your nicest garments on, it's weekly prayer." Natalia told her, Mera nodded and got up and ran to the water bowl. Natalia watched her wash her face and hands, her dark brown hair plastered to her tan skin, Natalia admired her beauty and youth. "Mommy I'm ready." Mera said as she walked over to Natalia. Natalia nodded and took Mera's hand and led her to the village square, there was a small well in the center of the village where everyone met up and held a prayer. Natalia looked around and saw the villagers, most of them were Natalia's age and they all looked exhausted. Natalia and Mera stood at the front and waited for the queen to come, she always held each prayer in each village.

The queen walked up to the center of the village and stood there and looked at all of the villagers, they all admired her dearly. She gave her usual speech about the legacy of the Force and how the Jedi are the ones watching over the galaxy and the Force is in us all. "Let the prayers commence." The queen said in her thick Arafgonian accent, all of the villagers dropped to their knees and clasped their hands together in prayer, they all muttered the same words, "I'm one with the Force the Force is with me.". Natalia looked around at everyone deep in prayer, some prayed for the Jedi, some prayed for their families, some prayed for their health. This gave Natalia a whole new light on the Force.

Soon an elder joined the queen on the podium, each week an elder close to death is sacrificed to the Force, it's just Arafgonian tradition, it was usually very quick and bloodless. Natalia watched the woman drink the green frothing potion and lay on the stone block, a light sped up the tower as the woman's life Force faded away. Natalia watched as the light faded and the woman's casket disappeared under the stone. "That's what the Jedi do when one of their own dies." Natalia whispered to Mera, she nodded and watched the queen walk away and sit on the speeder she came in, "I want to be a Jedi." Mera whispered to Natalia, she just smiled and put a hand on Mera's shoulder, "You have to sell your life to the Jedi, you won't be a human anymore, you'll be a member of the Order." Natalia told the young girl, but she seemed like she still wanted to be a Jedi. "We'll go back one day, Mera, just not right now." Natalia said to the young girl, the villagers had all left and Natalia and Mera were the only ones left.

"Let's go home, I want to teach you the Jedi Way." Natalia told her, she grabbed her hand and the two walked home. As soon as they reached their home, Natalia walked into her room and grabbed her Republic backpack, she reached inside and grabbed a remote, "This thing teaches you how to use a lightsaber, but we will try that after you learn how to use the Force effectively." Natalia told Mera, she nodded and the two sat on the ground, "Close your eyes and focus on everything in the room, you'll feel connected and now you are one." Natalia told her, Mera closed her eyes and connected to everything in the room, even Natalia's lightsaber. "Okay open your eyes and watch this." Natalia told Mera, she nodded and watched Natalia close her eyes and lift her lightsaber off of the ground, Mera gasped as Natalia opened her eyes, "How do you think I can see? I'm physically blind, I use the Force to see everything." Natalia told her, she looked interested, "Now you do it, I believe in you." Natalia said with a sweet smile. "I'll try to do it." Mera said, she was unsure, "Do or do not, there is no try." Natalia told the young girl, she nodded and shut her eyes, she knitted her eyebrows together in focus as she outstretched her hands, eventually the lightsaber hovered in the air, Natalia looked at her in awe. "Good job!" Natalia said, Mera smiled and gently placed the saber on the ground, "With the proper amount of training you'll make a fine Jedi." Natalia said with a smile.

"Now, the most exciting part about Jedi training, lightsaber training!" Natalia announced, Mera clapped her hands as she watched Natalia turn her lightsaber on, "Okay, I have a bucket of rocks in that corner, you use the Force to throw them at me and I'll dodge them." Natalia said while pointing to a bucket in the corner, Mera ran over to the bucket and grabbed it, she placed it in the center of the room and some of the rocks hovered in the air, Mera threw them at Natalia and she successfully sliced them, they did this for another half an hour until Mera and Natalia were tired, "You try, I'll go easy on you." Natalia said while handing the saber to Mera, she held it and Natalia could see her and the saber becoming one, "You can keep it if you want. I have one back at the Temple." Natalia said, Mera smiled, "Just reconstruct it so it's like you built it and not me." Natalia said with a smirk. Natalia used the Force to hover some rocks and threw them at Mera, she sliced them all, Natalia clapped, "You're a quick learner." Natalia praised the young girl. Suddenly Mera spun around and looked at the people gathered outside of their hut, "Just a second, give me that saber." Natalia told her, she nodded and handed Natalia her white saber and she turned it off and opened the door. "What do you guys want?" Natalia asked, "You're Jedi?" One of the villagers asked, Natalia nodded hesitantly, "What's going on?" Natalia asked.

"Battle bots have invaded the village."