96

Natalia screamed as a lightsaber pierced her chest, she reached for the sky like she was trying to grab a star, but she failed.

She was caught by two arms, her face stained with tears and her eyes tearing. "No!" She screamed, "You were... Better than... This." She struggled to let out, her lungs failed her as a glossy look replaced the light in her eyes.

She reached up to the sky again as her fragile heart stopped beating.

Anakin woke up late at night in a cold sweat, realizing it was just a dream and Natalia wasn't dead. He got up and sat at the edge of the bed then finally decided to get up, he walked to the main room, he sat down and looked out of the window. "Anakin?" Natalia whispered, he spun around to see his beautiful wife, whom was very pregnant, standing in front of him. "Natalia." He said in relief, he hugged her tightly, she hugged him back in confusion.

"What's going on?" She asked, her voice hoarse because she just woke up. "Remember those dreams I had about my mother? Before she died?" Anakin asked, Natalia nodded slowly and eyed him up closely, "I've been having the same dream again." Anakin said, "And they're about you." He continued. Natalia's eyes widened and she gasped, suddenly worrying about her life. "Anakin, I'm not going to die." Natalia said as she sat down beside him and placed her hand on Anakin's shoulder. "I won't let you." He said, his voice hoarse and tears came from his eyes. "One truly never dies, they'll always be with you in the Force." Natalia told him, "I'll always be here. Death is a natural thing." Natalia continued.

"I promise you, you will not die." Anakin said, she started to get worried, "Anakin, only a Sith deals in absolutes." Natalia said while shaking her head. "You're right Natalia, I should stop acting like this. I know I should be better than this." Anakin said as he got up, "I'm going back to bed." Anakin said as his head and shoulders dropped, he walked back to the room and left Natalia in the room alone. "Somethings not right with him." She whispered to herself.

The Next Day

"Chancellor, I'm here." Anakin said from the doorway of the Chancellor's office. "Ah Anakin, I have a request." The Chancellor said, "I need you to be my eyes and ears on my behalf on the Jedi Council, I feel I don't trust them anymore." The Chancellor said, "Chancellor, they won't let me on the Council, they elect their own members." Anakin said, "Oh, I'm sure they will. I've been appointed emergency powers." The Chancellor said before walking away, Anakin looked at him suspiciously but walked to the Council room.

"Masters, I fear something bad is coming." Natalia told the Council, "What is that?" Master Windu asked. "Anakin has been acting strange, and I've sensed something else. Fear and anger seem to be his main control feelings." Natalia told him, the Council all exchanged looks of concern. "Young Natalia, you and I both know Anakin the best, and we both know that Anakin would never betray the Order." Obi-Wan said sternly, "We shall see." Natalia said while squinting her eyes and rubbing her chin.

"Young Natalia, we've been speaking and we've been monitoring you, and we want to appoint you the rank of Master and a spot on this Council." Mace Windu said, Natalia looked at the Council in shock, "Wow, this is a great honor. Thank you." Natalia said with a smile, "Deserved it you have. The most loyal you have been." Yoda said with a smile, Natalia smiled brightly. "Take a seat you can, Schulter." Yoda finished, Natlia nodded and sat in one of the empty chairs.

Suddenly Anakin walked into the Council room and bowed, "Head Council, I have something to discuss with you." Anakin said in a rush. "And what is it you need to discuss with us?" Natalia asked, Anakin looked at her in confusion but continued, "The Chancellor has asked me to be his personall representative on the Council." Anakin said, "What? No." Mace said sternly, "The Chancellor has personally asked me to." Anakin insisted.

The Council discussed the issue quietly and finally reached a decision, "We will allow you to be on the Council, but you are not granted the rank of Master." Mace said while glaring at Anakin, "What that's unfair?! It's outrageous! Natalia got granted the rank of Master!" Anakin snapped, "Grown up she has, worried about her we are not. Concerned about you we are." Yoda said, "Take a seat, Skywalker." Mace said sharply. Anakin sighed and took a seat beside Natalia and Obi-Wan, he gave Anakin a weird look but looked away from him.

As soon as the meeting was adjourned, Obi-Wan, Natalia, and Anakin walked down the hall, both Obi-Wan and Natalia listened to Anakin complain. "It's unfair! It's like they don't trust me." Anakin complained, "Anakin, I have an assignment for you and Natalia." Obi-Wan told him suddenly, "What's that?" Anakin asked grumpily, "I need you to watch the Chancellor carefully, we fear he has sinister plans." Obi-Wan said darkly. "You want me to spy on the Chancellor? Why didn't you give me the assignment while we were with the Council? And why did you choose me and Natalia?" Anakin asked, "We don't want this assignment on record, and we chose you because you and Natalia seem to be very close to the Chancellor." Obi-Wan said, Natalia could sense Anakin's anger and greed, which caused her to become concerned.

"Anakin, don't worry about it. We can do this." Natalia said while rubbing his arm, but Anakin didn't pay attention to her.

"This is going to go very, very wrong."