11

Nine years later

"Master Kenobi, I've got this under control, I can take care of Senator Amidala by myself, don't worry about me," Natalia said. Obi-Wan sighed, "No, me and Anakin are coming, Master Windu sent Anakin to accompany me with helping you, there is too much of a threat Natalia, now listen to orders." Obi-Wan said Natalia sighed, "Yes, Master. I'll see you and Anakin soon." She said grumpily, "Cheer up grumpy pants. You get to see Anakin again for the first time in nine years." Obi-Wan said before ending the transmission.

Obi-Wan was right, Natalia hasn't seen Anakin for nine years, there had been rumors within the other Padawan's that he had matured and changed quite a lot. "Padme, Obi-Wan and Anakin are coming to help me protect you apparently." Natalia said, "Oh that's wonderful, I love seeing you Jedi away from your strict Jedi business and coming together, it's nice to see you guys happy for once." Padme joked, Natalia laughed at her dumb joke and sat down on the couch in the viewing area. "Are you nervous?" Padme asked Natalia laughed at the question. "Natalia don't laugh at me, I've known you since you were born and I know when the infamous Natalia Schulter is nervous," Padme said Natalia sighed at the thought of nervousness and feelings.

"I hate to admit this, but you're right, I am a bit nervous to see Anakin. You happy?" Natalia said, trying not to sigh again. "I'm not happy until you tell me why you're nervous to see him," Padme said, Natalia grunted and looked out the window at the hundreds of speeders rushing past, wondering which one has Anakin and Obi-Wan in it. "I loved him nine years ago, I loved him very much but I know he didn't feel that way, it's just going to be extremely awkward to see him again, I know he forgot about me," Natalia said this time Padme sighed. "He told me about how much he liked you, and how beautiful you were and how you have the best voice in the entire galaxy, if that isn't love then I don't know what is," Padme said while rolling her eyes. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, "I'll get it." Padme said. Natalia felt like there was a rock in her stomach, a part of her wanted to run and hide but the other part of her wanted to run up and hug Anakin tightly.

Padme opened the door to reveal Obi-Wan and behind him was Anakin.

To Natalia's surprise, Anakin ran into the room and hugged her tightly, "I missed you so much." Anakin said before letting her go. "I missed you too, Ani." Natalia said while brushing her thumb across Anakin's cheek, "You've grown so much, you're not little Ani anymore." Natalia said, laughing sadly. "You've grown up so much, you're not that little blonde girl I met on Tatooine anymore." Anakin said Natalia held Anakin's Padawan braid in her small fingers, "You look so good with this braid in your hair." Natalia said while laughing, Anakin laughed with her as he held Natalia's Padawan braid too. "You do too." He said Anakin and Natalia stood there, looking into each other's eyes. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan had an extremely shocked expression on his face like he was going to pass out or get sick, or both.

"Natalia! It's good to see you again, it's been how long? Six months?" Obi-Wan said while giving Natalia a small hug. "Yeah, it's been a long time. I see you've grown out your hair." Natalia said while laughing at his head of long hair. "Yes, I just haven't had the time to cut it for a while," Obi-Wan said while laughing, Natalia rolled her eyes and turned back to Anakin. "How's your training been? You're not going too crazy are you?" Natalia asked, which caused Anakin to laugh a little, "Maybe just a little bit." Anakin said. Natalia and Anakin shared a laugh while Obi-Wan and Padme were talking.

"Those two seem to be very close. Even though this is the first time they've seen each other for about nine years." Padme said as she watched the two flirt, "Yes, it has been a long time, I just hoping they're not getting too attached to each other." Obi-Wan said, "You Jedi and your impossible rules, just let the two love each other." Padme said as she slapped Obi-Wan on the arm, Obi-Wan stood there rubbing his arm while Padme walked up to Anakin and gave him a small hug. Natalia walked up to Obi-Wan and smiled at him, "It's really good to see you two, even though it isn't under the best circumstances." Natalia said Obi-Wan nodded.

"I'm sure we'll have time to catch up sometime." He said, "For now we have a duty." He continued. Obi-Wan walked up to Anakin and started a conversation with him, "Oh yeah, Anakin totally forgot about you." Padmé said while laughing, Natalia looked at Anakin who was staring at her. He smiled at her and turned back to Obi-Wan.

"Ugh, his smile literally made my whole day," Natalia said, she sighed and looked out the window at the hundreds of speeders again. "I'm gonna go get some rest, Natalia, if you may accompany me," Padmé said with a smile, Natalia returned the smile and linked her arm with Padmé's.

"Oh, um Natalia, may I make a suggestion about the cameras?" Padme said while pulling her covers over her, "And that is?" Natalia asked while turning the cameras on, "I was just thinking we should turn them off. With the cameras on we won't be able to find the attacker, and you want to find the person responsible right?" Padme asked, "Padmé, I don't want you to be-" Natalia started but Padmé cut her off.

"R2 will be in here with me. Don't worry, I'll be completely safe." Padmé said Natalia nodded, "Plus I have three Jedi with me, surely one of you will sense something." Padmé said while laughing lightly. Natalia didn't return the laugh but she smiled at Padmé, "If something happens to you, I'm responsible." Natalia said while laughing, Padmé threw one of her pillows at her while laughing.

Natalia threw the pillow back at her and walked out of the room. "So, the cameras have been set and she should be safe for another night," Obi-Wan said as he saw Natalia walk out of Padmé's room. "Um, actually Master, Padmé requested the cameras to be turned off tonight," Natalia said while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Natalia, you should have told me before making such a rash decision. You could be putting her life at risk." Obi-Wan scolded, "R2 is with her right now, she'll be fine. Calm down Master." Natalia said, "Oh, alright, I guess you're right." Obi-Wan finally admitted. Natalia rolled her eyes and turned to Anakin who was standing in front of the giant window, his eyes shut.

"What are you thinking about?" Natalia asked, "Somethings not right." He said quietly, "Did you feel that?" He asked, his eyes shooting open. "Yes I did, let's go," Natalia said while running into the room, they got there just in time to see two green worms slither up Padmé's arm. Natalia sliced it before it could bite her, she looked in the direction the worm came from and saw a speeder speed off.

Before Natalia knew it, she and Anakin were jumping out of the window.

"Great reunion." She whispered to herself, suddenly she missed the speeder she was aiming for and was barreling faster and faster to the ground.

Anakin was nowhere in sight.

"I'm going to die!"