"I...I did it for...F--Fay..." He explained. "I--If you d--died...then she'd be..s--sad.."

"Daiki-kun.." Fay mumbled to herself, looking back down to her hands, watching them tremble.

"I d--don't ever..want to s--see her..smile d--disappear again..."

Tobirama frowned at Daiki's next words.

"Run a--away.." He heaved. "R--Run away...t--take your b--brother and leave..y--you'll die if y--you stay.."

"Wh-"

"RUN!!!" 

Tobirama flinched, staring down at the dying man in hesitation. Hashirama, hearing the man's cry, landed beside his brother with a frown.

He stared at him for a moment, before sighing. "Thank you."

Tobirama could do nothing but stare at the advancing Uchiha as his brother dragged him away. When he tried to pull away his brother merely tightened his grip, and continued on.

He was powerless, forced to hear Daiki's violet coughs, Saphira's loud sobs and the sounds of a roaring battle.

::

"What's wrong with you!?" Tobirama snapped, fed up. "Why are we leaving them behind! We-"

"Shut up!!" 

Tobirama frowned, confused by his brother's snap.

"They're our enemy! Father would have their heads and ours!! Don't you see? He's saving us!!"

"But Fay is-"

"GROW UP!!" Hashirama screamed, glaring back at his brother. "You think I wanted to leave them?! Daiki gave his life for you!! Don't you dare spit on his memory by rebelling against his final request!!"

Tobirama became silent for a moment, allowing his brother to continue dragging him through the forest.

For his brother to act in such a way...

"This isn't about them...is it?"

Hashirama didn't reply, only gripping his little brother's arm tighter and ran.

::

"S--Saph...a--are you still t--there..?"

Saphira held his hand a little tighter. "I'm here.."

"T--There's something i--i've always w--wanted to tell y--you.." Daiki breathed heavily, shakily raising his hand from her grip.

Understanding he wished to place it against her cheek, Saphira guided his trembling hand to her face, smiling weakly.

Daiki felt the tears roll down her cheek. "T--Thank you..f--for saving m--me.."

She looked down, confused. "I neve-"

"Y--You saved m--me from m--myself..." Daiki smiled. "a--and for t--that i l--love you..."

Her chest tightened, eyes widening as his hand begun to fall.

"...I..l--love...y--you...S--Saphi...ra..."

His heart gently came to a stop.

"D--Daiki?!" Saphira's gasped, horrified. "No..no..no! NO!!!"

She begun screaming, tears falling uncontrollably as she clutched his body, rocking back and forth.

Fay, who hadn't spoken a word the entire time, felt numb at the sound of her sister's horrified screams. Everything began to boil over, every emotion she had ever felt came crashing in.