Chapter 14

Even as I lay here I feel alone,
Who dare kill my mother?!
Even when I have the women of my dreams I still feel alone,
I'm dead and broken,
My backs against the wall.
Alone.
This will never heal...
*****

I lay awake in the corner of the King and Queens room, the news of the Queens passing hasn't went through the village just yet. I sat there silently in the room, the Queen asked a for a simple favor. Nothing more nothing less.

The King presses a button and a maid briskly walks in, "Yes your highness?" She spoke. She had a deep french accent.

"Water" he breathed. Scientists were still trying to find out what had happened to them. Although I already had a clear picture of what was happening. The maid bows and rushes out, within a couple minutes she comes back in with a glass of water. She than leaves once she helps him drink the water.

I sat there silent still. It was around 12 o'clock. I hear the King cough a throaty cough. Poor man, I do feel very bad.

The door opens again and a slender women walks in with a slightly shorter girl. I do nothing. They both wore black cloaks. The slender women grabs his cup and smells it. "Hmm, we hired the right maid. She's doing well" she cackled.

The other girl laughs to. I stay quiet, I knew who this was. "Let's hope this will destroy the 'new princess' to" you could hear the jealousy in her voice.

They both laughed a evil laugh as they stalked out the door. They never realized that she was there? Or even the red dot in the corner of the room from the recording camera?
********

I rummage through my closet,  looking for a decent pair of women's jeans and a shirt, or even a cloak would do.

At the very end of the closet I find a pair of jeans and a shirt, and a long black cape.

I tear off the dress and quickly throw the cloths on. I was going to bring two guards with me.

Now that I had proof of what's happening and who was doing it, I can hunt them down.

And make them pay.

I walk out the door, the two guards behind me walking. I had explained briefly on what we were doing. They understood.

We walked out the humongous doors and down the huge line of stairs. We walked into the village, most people just stared at amazement or came up to greet, but the guards pushed the people away and said we were strickly on business.

We walked into a house, the guards searched and searched for the people who had been poisoning the royal family, we already had the maid in the cellar. I stood at the door.

Emily's mother walked out of the kitchen and up to me. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Your daughter has been poisoning the royal family, we have proof. And Hasley has been to."

Emily's mother looked baffled at the news of her own daughter poisoning the Queen. By now, everyone had known of her passing. And soon enough the Kings passing.

Emily's mom pointed upstairs and said she was in her room. The guards barged into her room and dragged her from her bed to the royal palace, and the same thing happened to Hasley.

There I stood down in the cellar with all three girls. The maid, Emily and Hasley.

The maid cried silently and Hasley sat there crying as if there was no tomorrow. But Emily, her face stayed neutral and strong.

"Now can someone explain what happened?" I said.

Emily was the first to speak, "Well you barged into my house and your now accusing me of a crime I didn't commit" she scoffed.

I laughed, "I have you on video from last night. You and Hasley and this elderly women had committed a crime, but what I'm asking is why?"

The elderly women cried, "them two made me do it, they were jealous. They wanted the Prince, they threatened to slaughter my family. I had to. To keep them safe" she sulked.

Hasley started, "I was never ment to be in this at all, I thought it was all a joke until Emily drug me to the palace, it all seemed to real. Yes I was jealous, but what women in the village wasn't!? And than Emily said-"

"SHUUUUSH!" Emily hushed Hasley who began crying more.

"No no, Hasley, keep going."

"She said she would hurt my mother and little brother if I didn't help, because 'we already got this far, there's no turning back now' as she put it. I had to help for there safety and mine."

Emily started, looking insanely ticked off, "none of that happened. Yes I was jealous, but I never poisoned the King or Queen. I'm sorry but you have it all wrong, I would never go against the crown just to marry the Prince. I wouldn't!"

I smiled, "we never said the King was poisoned..."

Emily cursed under her breath. She hung her head, smiled and looked up at me straight in the eyes.

She smiled evilly, "you were supposed to be next. You were supposed to die and then the Prince was going to have me to lean on, we would soon get married and have children.  Our children would be beautiful. And no one would know I had killed his first wife and his parents. He was supposed to be mine, I was supposed to have the attention you have. I was supposed to live in the castle with the fancy dresses, and all the riches and attention you have.-" The guards start taking her away as she is being carried away she yells "IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME I TELL YOU! ME!"

Hasley sat there and cried with the elderly women.

They were bundled up in the corner.

"I don't know what consequences I am to give you. So I'm going to let you free, but hear me now. If anything. And I mean, anything at all happens. You will end up worse than Emily... got it?"

They cried harder while shaking there heads, "good, you guys can leave" they both thanked me while crying, bowed there heads and left.

That should be the last time we ever get bothered ever again by them.
*****

IT WAS EMILY!?

Do you guys think Hasley and the maid should have been let off the hook? Or should they be in jail?

-NC