Chapter 13

Let's go home Princess.
To look after my mother.
I hope she is ok.
She's no longer the women I grew to know.
She is now my mother.
And not the women I hated
*****

We danced around the ballroom.

I had a cocktail red dress on. And super high heels that could brake my neck if I fell. My hair was down and curled.

I set my head on his shoulder as we slow danced. His hands we on my waist and mine were around his neck.

He looked so gloomy.

I whispered, "can you wait a hour?"

"Huh- what?"

"To see your mother. We can always stop the party now dear..."

"No party on" he had sympathy in his voice, but he was trying to stay strong.
*****

[After the wedding party]

He rushed into Charlie's room.

Tears rushing down his cheeks, eager to know they are ok.

I half run/walked behind him.

Jeremiah was now a unhealthy pale white.

Charlie was so frail and skinny, you could tell she was sick. You could see her bones.

"Victor" her horse dry voice was heard in the room.

He rushed beside her and sat on one knee beside the bed holding her frail little hand.

"Is there anything you need or want mum? Anything."

"No dear."

"Dad?" Victor asks.

"Water" a scratch was heard in his voice.

Victor ran out of the room in a hurry.

"Scarlett?" I look at Charlie and sit beside her on the bed.

She sets her hand on my arm.

"Can you do me a favour?"
*****
[Victors POV]

I ran back into my parents room in a hurry and gave my father his drink of water.

Scarlett was on her way out.

"Where are you going?" I ask out if breath.

Mom answers for her, "she's running a errand for me dear. Dont worry."

"Ok" I walk up to mom, "I love you mum" I touch her frail hand.

"I love you to dear" she breahed.
****
[Scarlett's POV]

The day passed. Victor and I laid in bed cuddling asleep.

It was about 10:30 p.m. The maid rushes in out over breath.

"Prince Victor! Please hurry!" She breathe yells.

Victor leaps up off he bed leaving me behind as he runs through the halls. He knew exactly what the maid was saying...

I ran after him. Running out of breathe fast. He whips open the door to his mother and father in the bed. Soundly...

They were gone. The heart rate monitor stayed at a long loud beat. He stopped at the door, silent. He stared at his dead mother laying limp in them bed.

You could tell he was broken, his head slowly fell to look at his feet. I stood behind him, I genitally set my hand on his shoulder. He stood still like a statue.

I pulled him away slowly, I led him to the lounging room. I stand beside him and hold his hand reassuringly. I look at him, he had tears built up in his eyes.

He looked broken, his eyes stared into the dire as it moved, his hair a mess in every which way. He never really blink much either. I hug him.

My poor baby. He wrapped his hands around my torso and hung his head onto my shoulder. I felt my shoulder become wet and damp.

I rub his back, "I'm so sorry" I hugged him tighter.

He didn't deserve this, he never did. I just had to remeber what the Queen had told me, I have to keep my mind straight and I have to stay on task.

And I have to remember, that she is not my friend. And she never will be ever again.

He stayed quiet, "I'll be right back" I kissed him on the cheek than ran out if the room quickly.

I started planning in my head, I than went into my room and written it down on a peice of paper.

My plan is already starting....

She's going to know what happened, and she'll know never to do it again.

****

Short chapter I'm sorry!
I'm trying to make it long but not boring. Trying to keep you guys on the edge of your seats ;)

Who do you think is 'she'?

-NC