CHAPTER 6

Your cries were silent, but you wanted to scream. You keep a smile on like a fake screen. And perhaps, there was nothing in the world that would understand, for smiles and such are all pretend.

Your lips were hushed, but you wanted to talk. You kept them together and they never did part. And perhaps, there was nothing in the world that would know, but sometimes, keeping things in is easier than letting it show.

Your eyes were still, but you wanted to cry. You kept yourself together and remained dry. And perhaps, there was nothing in the world that could see, but not all wounds heal especially the ones he gave you.

It's been a week since you flew back to London. You went back to yours and Harry's flat and just laid on the bed. You were numb. You couldn't feel anything. It's like all of your emotions have left your body.

"Sweetie," you heard your mom sigh. You looked up and saw her standing by the door, holding a tray that had food on it. She walked in and set the tray down on the dresser before making her way towards you. She sat next to you and put a hand on your knee and gave it a squeeze.

"Mom, not to be rude or anything, but why are you here?" You asked, sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"My baby girl needs her mother," she shrugged.

"No, I don't recall calling you," you said shaking your head with a small smile on your face. You were happy your mom was here, with you. You did need her.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. " she mumbled.

"Mom," you asked after a couple of minutes of silence. "How did you move on when dad cheated on you?" You asked.

Your dad cheated on your mom when you were fifteen with my moms best friend, which must've sucked. My mom told him to leave and he did. Turns out he married the girl and now they have two children.

She sighed. "To tell you the truth honey, I never did move on. " she said.

"But, you're married to John." You said, brows furrowing in confusion.

"Yeah, and I love John. But, your dad was my first love, and I still love him, even if he cheated on me. "

You just nodded and sighed. You loved Harry, you still do. You just can't trust him anymore. You'd take him back in a heartbeat, but you won't. You don't want to be with someone who has already hurt you. You'll never stop loving Harry.

Your mom patted your knee and stood up. "C'mon, up you go. "

You groaned, but stood up anyway to make your mom smile. Which she did. "Where are we going?"

"We are going out to eat. "

• •
"Mom, stop," you laughed at your mom who was putting two fries on either side of her mouth to make her look like a 'walrus'. "You're embarrassing me!"

"Do it with me!" She exclaimed, though the words were a little muffled by the fries.

You shook your head and grinned. "No. Absolutely not," you chuckled.

She frowned and slowly took the fries out of her mouth. "Well then." She mumbled.

"Mom, you're thirty-six, not five."

She shrugged. "You're missing out, loser. "

You scoffed and threw a fry at her face. "I am not a loser."

She nodded and took a sip of her water.

"Thank you, mom." You sent her a smile. You were really thankful for your mom. You are happy that she flew all the way from Chicago just to come see how her daughter is doing.

"For what?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

"For making me smile and laugh and.." You puffed air out of your mouth. "Just for everything. "

She smiled and reached out to grab your hand. "Anything for my baby girl."

"Alright, let's go. " your mom said, standing up and paying for the food.

You stood up. "Go where?"

Your mom chuckled and grabbed your hand. "Going to your flat, silly. " you frowned but nodded. "I may be your mom, but I won't waste my money on you. "

You scoffed and let go of her hand and walked out the door. You walked towards your car and unlocked it. You got in the drivers seat and waited for your mom to get in.

"I love you, sweetie." She said once she got in, kissing your cheek.

I love you, too, mom. "

• •

It was two in the morning when you got woken up by a knock at your door. Your first thought was not to open the door because it can be an intruder. But you ignored that thought and got out of bed and down the stairs.

You had this bad feeling in the pit of your stomach as you inched closer to the door. You were home alone. Your mom decided to stay at a relatives house for the next couple of days.

You opened the door only to see Louis standing there with tears running down his cheeks.

"Louis, oh my god, what happened?" You panicked with eyes wide. Your hands started to shake.

He shook his head. "Love," you knew by the tone of his voice, this was not good. "It's Harry. "

"What about Harry? Is he okay?" You asked.

Louis kept on shaking his head. "Louis, is Harry okay?" You asked more sternly this time.

"No." He whispered. "He got in a car accident. "

Your hand flew to your mouth and tears welled in your eyes. You shook your head and shut your eyes tightly.

"No. It can't be Harry," you mumbled. Louis stepped inside and wrapped his arms around you. "It can't be Harry," you repeated yourself. You shook your head and let the tears run down your cheeks.

"We have to go to the hospital, love. " Louis mumbled, pressing a kiss to your temple.

"Okay. "

• •

You say in the waiting room with the boys, waiting for the doctor to come out and tell you something about Harry.

"Babe, do you need anything?" Liam asked, putting a hand in your knee and giving it a friendly squeeze.

You shook your head and sighed. "No, no I'm fine. Thanks Liam." You mumbled. He nodded and kisses your forehead.

"How-how did it happen?" You asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"A drunk driver hit him. " Louis said, anger evident in his voice.

"Did they find the guy?" You asked. You had so many questions that you didn't know if the boys could answer all of them.

"He's the one who called the police. " Niall said, sitting down next to you. He grabbed your hands and brought them close to his face.

"Niall," you said, letting out a small laugh. "What are you doing?"

"You have small, skinny fingers." He said, playing with your fingers.

You shook your head. "Oh Niall, what would we do without you?" You asked.

He just shrugged and kept on playing with your fingers.

"Miss Y/L/N?" You looked up and saw the doctor standing there, holding a clipboard in his hands. You stood up and walked up to the doctor, the boys walking behind you.

"Yes? Is he okay?" You asked.

The doctor sighed and looked down at the clipboard. "He broke a few of his ribs and has a broken arm," he started. "But, he hit the window pretty hard which led to a severe injury to the head that hurts the brain."

You heart dropped at the news. Does that mean..

"I'm sorry miss, he's in a coma. "

------------

----------

Comments??