trente et un : surprise flights

[ because julian scored a nice goal. it's 2-1 against lyon right now at half time, so the game can go either way. this is a chapter i'm extremely disappointed in. two parts from now, i'll explain further. ]

july | santorini, greece

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT our vacation is over already," Stella whined, "It felt like yesterday that we arrived in Bora Bora."

"We're going to have to do this again- maybe winter?" he rubbed the pad of his thumb on the back of her hand that he was clutching tightly.

The couple were in the airport, anticipating the arrival of the private jet that would take them back to Paris where Julian would meet again with his team and join the final bit of the pre-season tournament. With the Confederations Cup and all, he was given a few weeks off after that. They were both in dire need of that vacation with Julian having worked his arse off for his new team for months straight and then abruptly carrying on with his national duties. God, Stella was just as drained after so much preparation for her Chanel collection, and then photo shoots on top of that.

Their holiday was truly blissful, truly dreamy. They relaxed in the huts over the blue, glistening waters over Bora Bora, played your everyday couple on a tour of Europe in Amsterdam, visited the cosy hideout that was Vienna, and then continued to tan on Santorini's lush sand. Everything was perfect to the t. They were hardly interrupted through it, though they could feel the presence of cameras around them. With one guard with them whenever they were out, they felt safe anyway. The couple weren't oblivious to the news stories that followed their holiday, though.

"I don't want to go back to reality just yet," Stella sighed, dropping her head on his shoulder.

Stella knew that once she was back to reality, everything would catch up. Her collection would have to be finalised with final shoots, she would need to start castings for S/S Fashion Month and finally, there were many summer campaigns who wanted her onboard.

Julian did not respond, instead squeezing her hand in comfort.

"Come on," Julian tugged her up, "Your jet is here."

Once they were settled and in the sky, Stella a blanket around her and Julian. Her arms were wrapped around him, and her head on his chest, "Wake me up when we get there. I'm so tired. How long is the flight?"

"4 and a half," he stroked her hair comfortingly.

Her eyes flew open and she sat up, "4 and a half? Don't you mean 5 and a half?"

Julian shrugged, lightly pushing her back down to the spot on his chest to relax here, "I'll just wake you when we get there. Rest up."

And that was how Stella ended up being lead out of the jet by Julian, a look that read befuddled on her face.

"Jule," she began warily, "Where are we? This is not Paris. Are we in Germany?"

"Wait and see, love," he simply smiled, "We're not going back to reality just yet."

He knocked against her softly with the side of his body and they boarded the buggy that would take them to the entrance of the arrivals. Their suitcases were being taken by the buggy behind them, and still Stella was amazed.

"Jule, i'm going to kill you," she groaned.

"Not when you find out where we are," Julian winked cheekily.