trente : the space room

TWO MONTHS LATER

june first | new york city, usa

STELLA AND JULIAN WALKED hand in hand, their eyes low or on each other. It was hot in New York, and the sun glared them straight in the eye- or rather would if they hadn't worn sunglasses.

He was in New York during his short break between the end of the season and international duties as Stella was made to spend a a while in the States to finish off her Chanel collection shoots.

The streets of the city were even more full now that summer was coming around, meaning it was basically impossible for the two of them to stroll out in no disguise without being stopped. If they couldn't do it in the winter months of Paris, how they hell were they supposed to do it in the New York summer? Okay yes, Julian wasn't as known in the country where his sport wasn't as big, and Stella was the princess of Paris, but you never know who lurked the streets of the city.

"Where to first, Stella?" he murmured, ducking and weaving through the crowd.

"God, I don't even know where to start," she breathed, "How about this museum that opened like a few days ago? I heard it's amazing."

"A museum about what?" Julian asked.

She bit her lip in thought, "Space, I think- one of my favourite topics. Can we go?"

"All down to you, princess," he winked,
making the butterflies in her stomach rise and flutter, "Where is it?"

Stella pulled them out of the moving street of people and to a side, "I'm not sure, actually. Let's Google it."

-

The couple ended up getting a taxi to the museum since they couldn't bare to walk the fifteen minute trek, especially since Stella was wearing high platform boots.

"I could have carried you," Julian teased, intertwining their hands again from coming out of the taxi. They were dropped right in front of the newly-opened museum and the building was grand. The front was all soft, stony grey giving the area a rustic, vintage look. Entering through the double doors, they found themselves in a foyer that only had ticket booths and chairs to sit on.

"I'll get tickets," Stella strongly emphasised the fact that she was to get them. Being the gentleman that he was, he would've insisted on paying, but Stella wanted to treat him while he was in New York. He lingered behind her as she ordered two tickets, and they were given ticket wristbands which had this cool galaxy print on it. The woman told them to enter through a specific door since it was a one-way museum, like that of the Vatican Museums.

It was dark, and almost tunnel-like with only recessed lights tinted hues of purples and blue being the overhead light source. However, there were displays embedded into the crackly walls that were lit from the inside. The displays showed facts and holograms that showed unknown stars.

It wasn't very crowded- probably due to the fact that it was an event that only let in a certain number of people at a time. Stella and Julian didn't have to wait long since luckily, there weren't many there in the first place.

"This is cool already," Julian's breath tickled down her neck.

They entered a room that burst off the corridor, and it was entirely square with no windows and only big golden spotlights. In the middle of the room was a huge model of Earth roped off by velvet ropes. The walls were plastered with canvases explaining inner earth and all that.