huit : getting to know each other

[ this chapter was written before any of the mentioned chapters were played, therefore i have obviously created the scoreline for myself. same goes with the bastia match previously! ] [ imagine a slight french accent to sarah's voice aha ]

because julian just scored for psg on his first start and his league debut. c'est magnifique, as the commentator just said.

january twenty-ninth | paris, france

"YOU'RE A WAG," Izabel deadpanned as soon as Stella wandered over to her, "Oh my God, you're actually a WAG now."

Stella snorted, taking her sunglasses off and sitting on the blue leather seat in the VIP section, "What the fuck? I'm not."

"Tell me that the name 'Draxler' is not written on your back under that beautiful Valentino jacket- you're going to have to send me the link for that," Izabel gushed.

The French girl laughed for a moment, "I will, Iz, and how is wearing his jersey any different to wearing Serge's? I wear Serge's name and number all the time."

"Yeah, but- but you and Julian have a different kind of relationship to you and Serge. With Serge, you chill and you party and you banter, but with Julian, it's different," Izabel reasoned.

"No, it's only because Serge and Regina are not here that I am not partying with Julian. I need at least two people to party with," Stella pouted, "To think of it, I actually haven't partied since the Bastia match- oh my God i've been lacking. Oh my image has been ruined! They might think i've changed!"

"Oh you drama queen," Izabel chortled, "But that's because you have changed; it's not a routine you'll fall back to anymore when Serge and Gina get back since you don't do it anymore. Might I even go as far as saying loverboy has grounded you?"

"No, you may not. Stop romanticising my partying problem," she sulked, watching as the PSG boys walk out onto the field. She should really get to the stadium earlier every time she comes to a match, "Just watch the match Iz."

Julian was making his first home league start in the Ligue 1, having had the previous league matches since he joined away from home. Even more special was the fact that they were playing Monaco. Whilst Nice were still 5 points ahead of them at that current time, having not yet played their match of the weekend, PSG had the opportunity to overtake the red and whites after the side lost against Marseille in the first league match back and won on the second like PSG, meaning they were tied on points with the Parisians.

Julian was starting in the attacking midfield role he loved, ahead of Blaise Matuidi and Marco Verratti middle of the park of the 4-3-3 formation. Since his debut, he had played three matches and started two. He had already racked up three more assists, but not yet any more goals. He was determined to score one against one of their title rivals.

-

0-1 at half-time.

"They'll pull through," Izabel said softly, in some reassuring manner.

When they came back out, the PSG players looked more determined than ever. It showed significantly when Edinson Cavani once again showed his form when he single handedly dribbled past a couple of defenders following a Monaco set piece fail. All that mattered then, was that the ball was in the back of the net and the score was level.

The stadium erupted in delight as the Parisians and their opposition retreated to their starting position.

-

"Hey, superstar," Stella was found by Julian in the post-match lounge and they hugged as a greeting. They hadn't seen each other for maybe two days, but had talked briefly about her presence at the match through text and call.