quatorze : the date

because our baby jule got himself a brace today. here's a special chapter

march twelfth | paris, france

JULIAN DRAXLER REALLY liked Estella Greaves. It's as simple as that. The more time that he spent with the doting fashionista, gave him more reason to like her. He was quickly infatuated with her forward personality and captured by her in every way. He liked how she was not afraid to say what she liked, and he liked how she was set on living luxurious.

All in all, he was extremely nervous as he picked her up, a small bouquet of flowers in his hands, to take her on their date. It was four days after he had asked, one day after his away fixture against Lorient. When he returned to Paris after Barcelona, they saw each other very briefly as he stopped by in the morning to greet her. She had wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered, "yes," in his ear. It took a good few moments to realise what she had referred to.

The time was seven in the evening and the sun had set a while ago, leaving a glowing, romantic Paris behind.

Stella had opened the door, a light smile on her face. They had hugged and Julian gave her the flowers. He proceeded to tell her she looked beautiful, because by God, she did look beautiful in her miniskirt and thigh high boots. Stella then placed the flowers in a vase and left downstairs.

"Am I about to have the best night of my life then?" she questioned, a teasing smirk on her face.

"I'll do my best," he said smugly. He had arranged the night mostly through research on Google, to be honest. He really hoped that nothing would go wrong.

They were halfway to their first of three destinations; a fine-dining restaurant he read was phenomenal.

Julian and Stella were both disguised as best as they could without completely concealing themselves. It would be no fun if they were disguised for a date. Prada sunglasses rested on her face and a floppy hat covered her hair. Julian also wore dark glasses, which really didn't conceal him all that much. On top of that, Stella had her assistant, Margie, send out a tip anonymously to all the media outlets saying that she was flying to New York that day for a break in a different city. Of course, they didn't expect their night out to completely fly under the radar, but they knew those were the consequences.

The maître d' spoke in French to the two. Stella turned to Julian, "Do we have a reservation?"

"Yeah," he answered, "Under my name."

"Nous avons une réservation sous Draxler," she spoke. ("We have a reservation under Draxler")

The maître d' nodded and led them into the golden-lit restaurant, taking them to a two-seater table, "We'll be with you in a moment for your drinks order."

"I'm already impressed, Draxler. You've taken me to a restaurant that i've never been too," she hummed, "That's rare."

They were in the 5th Arrondissement of Paris, and Julian chose the area to cater to his plans.

"I hope that means the food's still good though," he joked.

A waitress came not much longer later, and between them, they decided to order a wine that Stella claimed was 'magic'.

"Cheers, Draxler," she slurred seductively, holding up the glass. He clinked hers and sipped on the wine, undoubtedly feeling the magic.

"This is good, Stel," he praised her choosing.

"Trust me, i've had enough wine at fancy restaurants and galas and dinners to know all the good stuff," she huffed, "So are you going to tell me what we're doing tonight or are you keeping it secret?"