40.

Karin Mendez
2 months later

"Mama, daddy cut my hair!" Chloe yelled from the hallway and I ran to the steps.

"Fuc- what do you mean he cut your dang hair?" I tried to stop cursing because this girl was a human copy and paste machine.

"Hehe I'm just kidding he's not even here. Got emm." She laughed covering her mouth from smiling.

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand over my chest. If he would've chopped off my baby's beautiful hair that would've been his ass. No matter how old she gets I'm never cutting it, it's too natural and long.

"Head ass little girl." I mumbled going back into the living room.

"Huh?" She asked climbing on the couch beside me.

"Oh nothing I love you cutie." I said pulling her on my lap and kissing the side of her face.

"I like your hair mama. I wanna dye it just like yours." She said twirling a strand of hair with her two fingers.

"Mhm maybe in about 12 more years you could. You're not old enough to be doing this stuff yet."

"To dye my hair? I could color my hair by myself with markers without you knowing." I laughed and popped her in her mouth softly.

"I don't need people going around saying my child is too grown. That's not how you do it anyways lil girl. Your mouth has people looking at me crazy anyways." She shrugged her shoulders and laid on my lap.

"I'm making a new invention for us kids. Y'all can't leave us hanging like that."

"Girl shut up. Too grown for your age." I said running my hand though her long hair.

"Can you call uncle Jay Jay he owes me some money." I raised my eyebrows and wiped my sweat of palms on my tights.

She only calls him uncle because he doesn't allow her to call him by his real name.

"That man don't owe you no money girl be quiet." I said patting her butt.

"Uh huh watch, call him." I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone off the charger.

I called him on FaceTime and she got comfortable on my lap so we both could see. The phone rung for about 4 times until he answered finally.

"Fuck you want?" He asked and I sucked my teeth.

"Why are you so rude? I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't for this one." I said pointing at Chloe who was all in the camera.

" I said pointing at Chloe who was all in the camera