22.

Karin Mendez

I walked through the double doors of the school as everybody's eyes eased over me

I walked through the double doors of the school as everybody's eyes eased over me. It was my official first day back from suspension. People were looking at me like I was a damn alien. Turn around and mind your business. I started to get aggravated fast because I didn't like attention so I quickly walked to the principles office.

"Welcome back Ms. Mendez." The secretary greeted me and I gave her a fake smile.

"Is there anything you need?" She said scribbling something on paper.

"The principle wanted to see me once I got here. Ta da, I'm here." I sarcastically said throwing my hands in the air.

"Smart tail, get in the office." She said after placing the school phone to her ear.

I felt somebody staring at me in the office causing me to look at them. They quickly turned their head as I knocked on the door before going in.

"Ah Ms. Karin welcome back. May I ask why you weren't here yesterday?" She started with me right before I could sit down.

"I overslept." I made up a quick lie.

"Well you need too set your alarm a little earlier don't you think." She said taking her glasses off her face.

"Am I in here to talk about my alarm or my education?" I rolled my eyes bouncing my leg up and down.

"You're right, I apologize. Okay you're back at school and your grades are perfect right now. All this fighting and beefing with your fellow classmates is not a good record to get into a good college." She said looking in a folder.

"Fellow classmates? You're making it seem like I'm beefing with the whole school when it's just one person. If I was picking on somebody and trying to get under their skin y'all would've screamed bully." I sighed out.

"Well tell me exactly what she did so we can clear this all. I never did hear your side of the story since you left without permission." She said folding her arms over her chest.

I told her everything starting from the party, too dating Chad, the shade on Twitter and everything else.

"I don't know what to believe because I heard a opposite story from yours Karin." She said as I widened my eyes.

"Then what the f- what did she say?" I asked uttering to hear the bullshit.

"She told me that you've been texting her death threats ever since you took her man, which is Chad. Is that true?"

"No it's not. Everything I told you from beginning to the end is true."

I rolled my eyes and sighed out. This girl sat here and told a compulsive lie. She thinks she's gonna play victim and give me hell this school year but she has another thing coming.

"Are you and Ms. Tatiyanna in the same classes?"

"Yes." I said blankly.

"Well that's not going to work out so I'm changing your schedule around. This is for the sake of your future career." I nodded my head in agreement.

She gave me a talk telling me to stay out of trouble and ignore girls like Tatiyanna while giving me the new schedule. I thanked her then left. I was walking in the hallway looking over my schedule as I saw Coach Allen walking besides me. I still didn't get over here kicking me off the dance team for that bullshit. That was fake ass hell.

"Coach!" I yelled out causing her walking to come to a halt.

"What do you need?" She said.

"Am I put off the team foreal?" She nodded her head in response.

"That doesn't make sense though! How am I put off the team when she's still on there." I semi yelled and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"Because if you would've stayed and told your story I would've worked something out. But you ran off like a child before I could talk to you." I gave her a look and placed my hands on my hips.

"Let me guess you agreed with her sob story also? I don't care about that girl anymore I just want to do what I love best." I waved at somebody who greeted me as they walked past.

"What do you want me to do Karin?" She asked impatiently.

"How can I redeem myself back on the team?"

"Alright just because you were fighting, there's another girl going for the captain spot. You have try out against her for the spot if you want it."

"Are you serious?! That's not fair I should be automatically back on the team." I fussed.

"Take it or leave it. You better be lucky I'm giving you this chance." She shrugged his shoulders making me groan.

"When is tryouts Coach?" I gave in.

"Tomorrow for 5." She patted my cheek before walking away.

I rolled my eyes and went to my first class. My surprise was when I saw Chad sitting in the class. My mood lighten when I realized I had classes with my baby. The teacher asked who I was and I gave her the pass from the principle before taking an empty seat.

"Hey big head." I said taking a seat next to Chad.

"Whatchu doing in here?" He asked raising his head up from the desk.

"I switched schedules."

"Aye I got classes with baby. Bitch it's lit." He turned around and told a boy.

"Ms. Karin you just got up in here and you're already talking. Please settle down." The teacher said and I sat back in my seat.

"Look I just got in here and you already getting me in trouble."

Our classes were over and the group wanted to go eat at the spot. Chad was making sure they had no practice while I stood in the hallway on my phone. Chad texted me telling me to come downstairs because he didn't have practice. I started to walk down the steps until I felt someone push me making me tumble down the steps.

~.~
Merry Bhristmas 🎅🏾