3.

Karin Mendez

I finished up on my work in this Algebra 2 class the teacher handed out and put my head down on the desk. I hated math with a passion because I can never get it right. I decided to take a little nap since I was finished and no more work was given.

"Psst. Hoodie whoo. Karin wake up." I felt a kick to my chair and I ignored it.

"Girllll, I know you hear me." Lala whispered behind me again making me laugh softly and pick my head up.

"What do you want?"

"Give me your work I need help with these." She begged as I rolled my eyes before putting my binder up.

"What number are you on?" I asked knowing she was lying.

"Damn Karin I'm still on number one now give me the paper. Please." She whispered shouted as I sighed then passed it back, "Love you cousin."

"No talking Ms. Mendez and Taylor." The teacher caught us and I rolled my eyes before putting my head down.

Class rolled by fast which cause Lala to continuously tap my shoulder to wake me up. I sat up and wiped the slob from my mouth before standing up and grabbing my bag. She laughed as she watched my sudden moves.

"How long was I sleep?" I asked holding the door for her as we exited the classroom.

"Girl you slept the whole period. Your ass was snoring like your daddy." She laughed as I pushed her and opened my locker placing my books.

"It was a good ass nap though. Did you turn my work in?" I questioned closing my locker before adjusting my bag on my back.

"Yes I did and I changed some answers on your sheet so he wouldn't think we were cheating."

"I know you lying. Lala don't play with me."

"I'm playing girl chill out. Maybe." She said looking over her shoulder as I brought my foot up and kicked her ass.

"If you fail we fail together."

"Cheat work makes the dream work." I shook my head as we walked down the hall.

I stopped walking once I heard a familiar voice speaking. I held Lala back as we peeked around the corner to listen.

"Dante, I told you I'm not breaking up with Chad for you." I recognized the Betty Idol voice as Tatiyanna.

"I'm not with this shit son. You said you was gonna break up with that nigga for me." The boy argued as Lala and I looked at each other making sipping tea gestures.

"Either you stay in the position you're in or you could leave out of my life." She rolled her neck and I covered my mouth from laughing.

"I'll stay your side nigga. But you better tell that nigga before I do."

"You're so cute when you're mad." She got on her tippy toes to kiss his lips and we walked away.

"That's so fucked up. I think you should tell Chad about his.. whatever she is." I assured her as she waved me off.

"I'm not telling Chad shit because I warned his stupid ass about her. He didn't listen and look what happened." She shrugged as we walked outside in the parking lot.

"You're a bad friend." I laughed shaking my head.

"I don't care even though I can't wait until he finds out. You and Chad will look so cute together. Imagine the both of y'all having brown skin babies together, lawd jesus." She fanned herself.

"Shut up stupid. There goes Christian, did you drive your car today?" I asked walking towards his car.

"Yeah my daddy finally fixed it. I'll see you later because he wants me to have dinner with his new girlfriend." She rolled her yes before picking at her nails.