5. What Could Have Been

Start from the beginning

She started walking away and Rikkard panicked. This was not how it was supposed to go.

"Mr Linton"

She turned and raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes Sir?"

He floundered for a minute. It was quite amusing to watch even if it is only subtle differences in facial expressions.

The twitch of a nostril or a finger as an example.

"Bring me file 226B Mr Linton."

"Yes sir."

This went on for a few hours. Lilly bring files back and forth, and back and forth till Rikkard finally got the courage to talk to her.

"Mr Linton."

"Yes sir?"

"Sit."

"Umm why?"

"Respect Mr Linton."

"Why, sir?"

"You will find out soon."

Her eyebrow rose at his vague answer but she sat down none the less.

They both sat in uncomfortable silence for a while.

She coughed. One of those cough to get someone's attention. We all know the kind.

It instantly snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Sir?"

"Yes, Mr Linton?"

"Why did you call me in here?"

His finger started twitching at an incredible pace. A constant sound to fill the silence.

Lilly sighed a loud depressing sigh. "Well, I'm gonna go back to my office now."

His head snapped up to look at her as he rose very quickly from his chair, to stop her before she excited the office.

"Mr Linton. Uh, Lillian, I have a proposal for you."

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"What type of proposal Sir?"

"An eternal one."

As the words left his perfectly sculpted mouth he sank down to one knee quickly whipping the delicate but simple ring out of his pocket.

She gasped and a slight smile over came her face.

"Mr Linton, Lillian, every since Egypt, even before that I have felt something for you. I've never felt desperation as I did on that boat. I didn't want you to die. I wanted to keep you safe, to protect you. Sometimes I think your too stubborn for you own good but that's one of the reasons I want to do this. I'm not sure when these feelings started but I know they won't fade anytime soon, so Lillian Linton, will you marry me? Become Mrs Lillian Ambrose?"

A slightly nervous look over came his wonderfully handsome features. He was starting to get a tad bit nervous that she would decline his offer.

"Yes."

Once soft spoken word practically whispered sent both their hearts alight. A fiery burning passion as he slipped the delicate, simple, beautiful ring onto her slender finger.

Then they descended on each other. It was like the sun and the stars collided and caused an explosion of earth shattering pleasure.

The kiss was slow, passionate, explosive. Fireworks exploding all around and smiles graced both their faces capturing the light of the sun.

Their eyes misted over with desire and lust.

Most importantly their passionate kiss was a promise.

A promise for a life together full of kisses, happiness and pleasure.

A promise of a life filled with moments together etched in time that will stay with them till their dying days.

Their wedding day. The birth of their children. Their anniversaries. Their retirement.

A future that holds so much promise. A future that the two of the will treasure forever.

Hopefully a future that won't be a promise, but a wonderful reality where they are both happy, together forever.

A future that wasn't going to happen.

Rikkard Ambrose was jolted up suddenly from his dream.

How he longed to have that made a reality.

Sadly Lillian passed away from a sudden illness three weeks after getting back from South America.

It was one of the only times he'd ever cried.

It had felt like all the happiness had been sucked from his life.

A bulldozer had come and trampled any progress of opening up and becoming human that Lillian had helped him achieve.

He sat up in his stone cold bed, clutching his stone cold heart as one single silvery tear trickled down his face.

As the tear ran off his chin he realised something.

He was back to square one.

But, this time the love of his life wasn't there to help fix him this time.

••••••••••••

Why do I have to write such depressing stuff? It was not meant to end with a heart broken Ambrose and a dead Lillian it just kinda happened.

This my shortest fan fiction so far almost a thousand words shorter than my normal length. I haven't had any time to write! School is so hard!

I have two more chapter ideas planned out both Disney themed:

Lillian Linton A Cinderella Story, Kinda

• Beauty and the stone cold granite face

They will be out soon. Hopefully... procrastination is a massive problem.

I've also got an actual teen fiction book that I'm writing on my page if anyone wants to check that out. It's called Heart Of Stone.

Hope you liked this one shot.

- Belle