Chapter 60: Another Surprise

ابدأ من البداية

Zayn chuckled as a response. He was already in love with this family and feel at ease, hoping that they would welcome him as well. Then he felt a gentle tapping on his shoulder from Chris letting him know that he's approved of their relationship.

"So what did you bring?" Greg spoke in an intimidating brotherly tone of his, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I... uh..." Zayn answered, looked down on the paper bag that he's carrying. "Here," he handed it out to Greg. The older Horan sibling gladly accepted him. It piqued his interest when he heard click clacking sounds like glasses. He dipped his arm on the bag and he was surprised to see different bottles of expensive alcohol beverages. It ranges from Whiskey to Scotch to Malt.

"Oooh, booze!" Greg exclaimed. A wide grin etched in his mouth. "I love you already!"

And once again, Zayn couldn't help but to chuckle with the sense of the humor of the Horans. He remembered that one time that Niall slipped to a confession that Greg has a slight fondness to expensive beverages. It was a good thing that he paid attention to all things that Niall has told him.

"But like a brother," Greg immediately retracted his earlier statement, not wanting to be confused.

"Of course, I knew that," Zayn responded. "I already set my eyes on someone," he slid his hand behind his boyfriend, meeting his gaze.

"Aww, you guys are the cutest!" Maura squealed in excitement. "Come on, kiss him already, Niall."

"Mum!" Niall blushed profusely as red shade burned his cheeks. He crumpled his body towards Zayn's but the Bradford lad happily accepted it, enveloping the smaller boy in his arms, sharing their warmth.

It was abruptly interrupted with the same voice that halted their heated kiss earlier and it belonged to Bobby Horan.

"The food is getting cold," he spoke in a coldly manner.

"Right," Zayn nodded nervously, still scared from the father of his boyfriend.

Greg walked to the kitchen first with a grin on his face as he happily carrying the expensive alcoholic beverages. Then followed by Niall dragging Zayn away. Chris was the next one on the list, smiling away from the young couple. And lastly, Maura and Bobby stared at one another.

"What is with you?" Maura questioned, her knowing tone annoyed her former husband.

"What, I didn't do anything," Bobby defended but he knew better than that.

"I meant what's with the scowling?"

"I just didn't expect this, okay?" Bobby slightly raised his voice. It was totally unexpected for him to have his youngest son to be in a relationship. He was fine with him being a homosexual but having a relationship so soon was not in his list. But in all honesty, he was terrified that his son was growing so fast that he doesn't even acknowledge of the possible consequence of falling in love and might get his heart broken.

"Bobby, your son is a grown man. I'm sure he can take care of himself," Maura reminded him. "Just don't do something stupid, okay?" She tapped his shoulder in a gentle manner, pointing out not to meddle with his son's relationship.

"Like what?" He asked with a disbelief expression on his face. It annoyed him that his ex-wife was pointing out things that he wouldn't admit openly.

"I'm telling you, Bobby. Let him be happy. The things that Niall sacrifices for us couldn't be traded for anything in this world," Maura explained. "All we can do is to support him all the way and be happy with his decisions.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," Bobby shook his head, disagreeing with her but deep inside he knew what she was talking about.

* * * * *