See You Again

Phoenix blinked a few times. His whole body ached, as if being beaten before. His head also extremely sore and dizzy, like being hit repeatedly by a hammer. He tried to sit up, but he can't do it. Most of his body felt numb. Where am I? He thought with confused. Am I dead? All he knew, before he lost consciousness, what he saw the last time was a bridge burned ... And he fell .... Like flying ... And Maya ... Maya still across the bridge! He tried to open his eyes again. This time he managed to open his eyes wide.

Everything is white ...... He is in the hospital. Oh, of course. He had just fallen from Dusky Bridge, isn't it?

"Morning, Feenie." said a familiar voice. "Finally you're awake. You ... you got all of us scared, you know! You want a drink or something else, Feenie?"

Feenie? thought Phoenix with astonishment. Why Maya called him by that stupid nickname?

"Ma..ya?" Phoenix called weakly. "Are.... You.... Okay?"

He could see Maya gasped a little, and seemed delighted.

"Nick? You called me what? Say it again?"

"Ma....ya...."

"Oh, Nick! You didn't call me Mama again? Oh, Nick! The old Nick is back! Oh, Nick, miracle indeed is real!" Maya hugged Phoenix tightly. Maya's words make Phoenix felt more dizzy. Mama? Since when I called Maya as 'Mama?' Phoenix knew Maya love to joke, but this time, her joke is not funny. And why very difficult for him to speak? Did he hit the rocks too hard when falling from Dusky Bridge?

Moaned a little, Phoenix tried to sit, but a pair of soft hands push him gently to lie back.

"Rest, Wright. Don't sit down first. Doctor Canizares could kill both of us if we don't take care of you well," said the second voice. He didn't recognize the second voice. It's a deep voice of a man. Phoenix blinked again, and squinted. That second voice belongs to a man with gray hair and wore a maroon-colored cravat. He was dressed like people from 18th century. Okay, who exactly is this guy? And why he knew my last name? And who's Doctor Canizares?

"Who. Are. You?" Phoenix asked quietly in a hoarse voice.

"N-nick?" Maya whispered softly. "You don't remember who he is?"

Phoenix observed the man standing in front of his bed again, then shook his head vigorously.

He could see the man's brow furrowed, and he seemed to hide the sadness in his face. His voice quivering as he said, "Wait here, Maya. I'll call Doctor Canizares."

After the man stepped out, Maya approached his bed and held Phoenix's hands tightly.

"How are you feeling, Nick?"

"Hurt." Phoenix answered shortly. "How.long ....?" Phoenix intends to ask further how long he was unconscious, but he was not able to continue. He then coughed.

"You mean, how long you fainted and hospitalized here? It's been one week, Nick!"

"A..week?" Phoenix cried weakly, and tried to get rid of the blanket. "But.Iris. How.is.her.trial?"

"Nick?" whispered Maya again. "Iris? Trial? What are you talking about?"

"Hazakura... Mrs.Deauxnim .." Phoenix coughed again, and a sound of footsteps heard. A doctor with blonde hair and the gray-haired man with cravat entered his room. The doctor looks very young, and he looks very tired.

"Buenos dias, Senor Wright! How do you feel?" asked the doctor.

"Hur ... t," said Phoenix again. The doctor unbuttoned Phoenix's hospital shirt and checked his heartbeat. "Fine ..." said Phoenix again. "I..I'm..fine ..." He wanted to get out of this place! Iris... Iris.. is innocent... He must defend Iris!