The Accident

Today was a very tiring day for Miles Edgeworth. He won in the trial of the accused named Fernando Galca, a maniac who often kill children. However, the trial made him very stressed and exhausted, it's already late at night when he left the courtroom. He walked slowly toward his car, can't wait to go home and warm himself with warm water. He yawned once or twice before heating his car and started driving.

The streets were deserted, and the cold night air made him feel more sleepy. He rubbed his eyes, wondering if he should pull over for a nap afterwards to continue his journey. But eventually he was discouraged because he did not want to go home late again. He was unconscious, his decision to keep driving drowsy is a very wrong decision, which would make him feel guilty for the rest of his life.

Edgeworth driving faster, did not realize there was a man who was crossing the street. He yawned, then .................

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

The man who was crossed right in front of him getting hit by Edgeworth's car, and thrown into the air. The man then fell to the position of his head hit the road.

Realizing that he had made someone get hurt, frantically Edgeworth down from his car to check on the man who had hit by his car. Trembling, he turned the man who lying unconscious in the street. His heart immediately sank as he realized who has been hit by his car.

"W-W-W-R-IGHT?!!!!!!!!!" He exclaimed with stumbling. He shook Phoenix's body that has been bloodied harshly, as if to shake Phoenix would make the spiky haired man will automatically conscious.

"N-nooo......... Oh God, I beg you ....... Forgive me ...... Wake up, Wright, wake up! WAKE UP !!!!!!!" said Edgeworth again. He can't thinking clearly. Some people who were walking on the streets approached him.

"Sir, what's wrong?" cried one of them.

"Gee, isn't that Mr. Edgeworth and Mr. Phoenix Wright?!!!! Someone please immediately call an ambulance!!!"

One of the crowd was finally called an ambulance with his mobile phone.

"Quiet, Mr. Edgeworth! The ambulance will be here soon and bring Mr. Wright!"

Edgeworth did not answer. He hugged Phoenix tightly, buried Phoenix bloodied face into his chest. Oh God, if he died.....I have killed him.....

15 minutes later, but like 15 years for Edgeworth, an ambulance finally came and brought Phoenix to the Central Hospital. Arriving at the hospital, the doctors immediately brought Phoenix to the Emergency Unit to be handled. Edgeworth waiting in the waiting room with tense, his head lowered, unremitting he cursed himself.

Wright, I beg you...... Forgive me ........... If something bad happens to you ..... I will never forgive myself ....... Oh God ......... What sin have I committed?

A tear fell from Edgeworth's eyelid. It's been a long time he didn't cry. The last time he was cried, was when his father died. In the past, he was always haunted by feelings of guilt and nightmares that it was him who had killed his father. What if the nightmare was repeated again now? And why the doctors handled Phoenix very long? Completely exhausted, Edgeworth finally fell asleep in the waiting room.

The day was already sunny when the doctor who treating Phoenix, Doctor Vincenzo Mortensen, wakes him gently.

"Are you Mr. Phoenix Wright's relative?" asked Dr. Vincenzo to Edgeworth who leaned against hospital walls, his eyes unfocused.

"Yes, yes. I'm his best friend," said Edgeworth. "H-how is he??"

"Come to my office, we need to talk," said Dr. Vincenzo again. Edgeworth then follow Doctor Vincenzo toward his office.