The Explanation

Tobias spent a few moments gathering his thoughts, never breaking his gaze away from his daughter.  "Aubrey....You Are a fragile, easily breakable glass doll who needs protecting!  I know this isn't what you want to hear, but let me explain."  He reached out and took her hands in his.  "You are a sensitive.  You are connected to the creative and softer side of life.  In order to obtain this gift, certain aspects of your character and personality must be...tuned, if you will, like a piano." 

She gazed at him intently with a look that said he had better get to the point.  "OK, this entire existence, every person out there is one piece of the whole, right?" She nodded vigorously, remembering all those late night conversations about life, energy and the universe.  Those nights are what forged the depth of relationship she and her brother had with their father.  Even if it wasn't perfect. "Very good, well what that means is, each person is strong in some areas and weak in others.  Your strong when it comes to soft things like children and animals.  Your brother on the other hand, is better with facts and mental exploration."  Tobias waited for the information to sink in, gauging the look on his daughters face.

"We are so sorry daddy.  I'm glad we could have this talk before....well, I'm just happy to be here with you!" Aubrey grabbed her brothers hand and with a jerk, she pulled him into a family embrace with her and their father.  "I love you two, with all of my heart!"

Later that night, Tobias was sleeping, children still at his bed.  He knew his time was short, so he called his son over to being the shamanic rites.  "Stephen, have you studied the ritual?  We can't make any mistakes..."

-To Be Continued-