Meeting with a Vampire

Quietly, I slipped out the infirmary to the main entrance. Sure enough I came to the atrium filled with Slayers. They were all talking amongst each other. My godfather was standing close to the door talking to the Headmaster and Professor Rogers. I was surprised he hadn't woken me up to tell me he was here.

Professor Rogers was dressed in all black with a knife attached to her thigh. She worked for my godfather because I could see the insignia with an arch. He hadn't told me that she worked for him. I stepped back a little more so that I wouldn't be seen. None of my instructors were present which was odd. The front doors opened, and in walked-

         "Lancer." My mouth curled downward wondering what he was doing here. This was a Slayer's problem not a Trackers. Zachariah Lancer was a tall well built man with the famous blue Lancer eyes. His hair was slicked back and he was wearing a suit. For some reason, I had expected him to wear the usual Tracker uniform which was composed of bright silver armour. They wore armour to protect them from sharp nails and mouth of a wolf.  From the looks of it he probably didn't do anymore fighting. With him was a woman dressed in an earth-tone dress. She was probably the third member representing the Witchers.

"Where is the vampire?" Zachariah asked not looking at my godfather. Behind him ran up his eldest son, Caleb Lancer. Damn the Lancers had some really good genes because they were all incredibly good-looking. Even though, I didn't get along with Evan or Selena, they were all easy on the eyes. That also included their father and older brother.

        "He is currently in the basement." My godfather responded. Caleb had taken over as First Slayer, which had been my father's position and should have been my godfathers since he was representing me. "We are taking care of it. This is a Slayer's problem."

        "It becomes all our problem when two students are bitten."

        "Three students were bitten." The Headmaster corrected him. Zachariah's eyes slid to him.

        "Right." his lip curled downward. He probably didn't even consider me a student. "Where is the girl? He adjusted his jacket, taking a step in. Everybody just seemed to step back letting him through.

        "Sleeping. She was bitten and currently in the infirmary." I craned my neck to see who had spoken. It was one of the nurses. They were all present.

       "I see. Headmaster we need to discuss her expulsion from this school." Zachariah didn't seem to be speaking to anybody. His eyes slid over every Slayer in the room. The expression of dislike was on his face. I gritted my teeth as I stared down at him.  He could easily see me if he just shifted is gaze upwards. 

"She did nothing wrong." The Headmaster told him. Zachariah's eyes snapped upwards. I stepped behind the corner to hide from view. I poked my head back around.

        "She is attracting vampires to the school. This is the second vampire attack this school has seen." Zachariah's head snapped in his direction with an irritated voice. "Damien you should take that girl off these premises before more students are attacked." I lifted my upper lip in dislike.

That man was so annoying. I wanted to stab him in the chest.

       "No, she will remain here under the watchful eye of the Headmaster. She needs to continue her training."

       "Training for what?" Zachariah scoffed losing his composure. "You can't possibly think that she will be Slayer?" he started to chuckle. Nobody in the room was saying anything.

       "She is a Matheson." My godfather defended me. "She is to take her position as the First Slayer and take command of the Coalition. The Mathesons have done so for generations and this time it won't be any different."