Epilogue

Two years later...

Arabella and the Duke were married two months after the incident with Duval, at Asterley Park. It was a small affair, consisting of mostly friends and family.

Johnathon, Viscount Waverly was there as Alexanders best man. The Abbess came and brought the children from the orphanage, and Arabella's friend Harriet Baker attended, as well as some of the local gentry.  Detective Jones was also in attendance with his extremely pregnant wife Jane.

Uncle Malveen stood in for her father and gave the bride away. The Count and Countess looked on with pride. The Duchess of course was the consummate hostess as always, smiling and preening throughout the day. After all, its not everyday ones' son marries a lost heiress.

The newlyweds spent their wedding trip in France. Arabella had wanted to see where she came from, and visit her parents graves.

The golden rattle secret compartment had held the Duke's signet ring inside. Arabella gave it to her Malveen. She felt he truly deserved it more than her, she said it had belonged to his father first. Although she inherited both of the unentailed estates, Malveen was not without an inheritance himself. The French consul had reinstated the title and made him the new Duke of Belmonte, Lord LaFavreau, along with all its holdings.  He had also invested quite wisely while in England. Shipping to be exact and made a fortune.

Arabella's grandparents decided to stay in England. They said they had missed enough of her life already. So they sold their home in France and bought an estate close by.

The Duchess moved to the dower house, claiming it was much quieter on her nerves. Arabella and the Duke knew better however, she was gracefully handing the reigns over to the new Duchess.

A year later Evangeline Rose was born. She was the spitting image of her mother, and her namesake, Arabella's mother. She was also the apple of her father's eye. Jemmy, her older brother, whom the Duke and Duchess adopted, spoiled her rotten. He adored her.

Arabella kept in touch with the Abbess. She wrote to her twice a week and visited as often as she could. The Duke and Duchess had donated another wing to the abbey. They wanted to give a home to more orphaned children Like herself and Jemmy. After all, said Arabella, she had finally found her home at Asterley Park.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED ARABELLA AND THE DUKES STORY.

LOOK FOR JONATHONS STORY NEXT, A VISCOUNTS ACCOUNTABILITY....DONT FORGET TO VOTE! ❤