Chapter 3: "Wolf Time"

Derek's P.O.V

I stayed with my mate all night it's kind of nice having someone defending me. I mean yeah I saved her I wanted to do this right this time. I laid beside her she rolls over and starts to hug me. I knew she could feel my pain I hated Kate finds out about her. Her heartbeat was steady and then it jumped up. "Tessa, are you having a bad dream?" I asked. She hugged me more and went back to sleep. She stayed in my arms until I must have fallen asleep.

Tessa's P.O.V

I woke up Derek was hugging me I guess last night was the very last thing. "Derek, Derek. I have to shower can you let me do that?" I asked. He woke up and he unraveled himself from me I got up and got my clothes I feel good today. After my shower it was 10:30 AM by the time I got done. I walk back in my bedroom I see Derek on my bed. "Tonight's the full moon, you starting to feel it?" He asked. "Yeah, last night Scott... was different I never seen him act like that." I exclaimed.

"He just doesn't really like me hanging around you." Derek said. "He's overprotective sibling." I say. "But I'm twenty-one so I should be the overprotective sibling." I say. "You're twenty-one, that I didn't know." He said. "Yeah, how old are you?" I asked. "Twenty-four." He said. "See, I should be the one overprotecting him." I say. "I could see that." Derek said. "You defended me, which is something that rarely happens." Derek says. "Why would you say that?" I ask.

He told me about his family that died in a house fire the cause of the fire was the hunters. "What do we do about tonight?" I asked. "You shift tonight, which means I'm gonna lock you up." He said. "You're nervous?" He asked. "Yeah, maybe it's starting to get to me." I say. "You're going to be fine, Tessa." He said. "What makes you so sure?" I asked. "Because I will be there and I will help you." He said.

Time passed we went to the hale house takes me off into a room. He grabbed a bag and handcuffed me. "Tighter." I say. "How do you control it?" I asked. "My anchor which was anger, but now it's you." He exclaimed. "Find something or someone to be that anchor." He said. I finally turned I had shift shaped fully into a wolf. I didn't know what to do. "Derek, this isn't supposed to happen?" I asked. Derek looked at me in shock I tried to think of an anchor it was Derek. I shifted back. "Why did you look at me like that?" I asked. "My mother is the only person who could shift shape into a wolf, she must have passed down the power." Derek exclaimed.