Chapter 2: "Mates?"

Tessa's P.O.V

I stayed at Derek's place he wasn't all into talking much, but he was overprotective of me. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him. "You'll know soon." He paused. "Stay here don't go anywhere." He ordered. "Maybe he's out back burying a bone." One of the men said. "Really a dog joke, if that's the best you got say something like. Too bad you're sister died before she had time to have her first litter. Too bad that we cut her in half!" The woman yelled.

He growled and knocked out one of there guys. "Take a look upstairs. I have a feeling." I felt pain everyplace I couldn't explain it. One of the men came up and looked in the first room he kept getting closer I tried to slow my breathing. He finally got to me I yelped as he picked me he dragged me downstairs. "Well, what do we have here, you got a girlfriend... or is it mate." The woman said. "Put me down!" I yelped. "Well this one grows up in all the right places, I don't know where to kill it or to lick it." The woman said.

Derek finally got up and grabbed me we ran out of that hell hole. We ran until we heard quite. "Why do they want you?" I asked. "Why did I feel your pain?" I asked. "You want to come back to my place?" I asked. "At least I let you know when were there," Derek said. We headed back to my place I looked on the table I see a note. "Is something wrong?" Derek asked. "No, mom's just being having a lot of double shifts at the hospital," I say. "Oh." He said. "I have a couple of my dad's shirts if you want one of them," I say. "Yeah, that would be fine." He said. I go and get them and handed him one of them.

We went into my room. "Why were they after you?" I asked. "It's complicated there hunters out there I can tell you if you want too." He said. "What does mate mean?" I asked. "Mate it's like soul mate you're made for each other." He said. "You're my mate." He said. "That's why you saved me?" I asked. "Kind of... yeah, that's why I saved you." He says. "Well, I'm flattered. I would love to date you... if you're okay with that." I exclaimed. "Yeah, I would love that." He said.

We hung out then my brother came in yelling about how Derek's scent was here and still here. "He saved me, Scott! Can't you be thankful for that!" I yelled. "I'm sorry, but you do know the full moon is coming?" Scott asked. "Yes, I do! That's why Derek is helping me that night." I exclaimed. "I don't trust him, Tess. You shouldn't either." Scott yells. "Well I trust him more then I'm trusting you... you know I was with him the hunters saw me! And act like you don't even care!" I yelled. Tessa, calm yourself. I heard Derek say. I tried really hard to slow my breathing Derek came out of the shadows. Tried to help me slow my breathing.