Chapter 16: the next day.

I wake up to the loud buzzing of the freaking stupid alarm and Jake banging on my door like a mad man.
  "UGHHH what?!" I hear a chuckle and roll my eyes.
  "Heyy Nik, get up. Dad says he wants to see you in his office," Jake says and I groan rolling over to check the time. 10:52 wow, why do they get me up so early on a dang Saturday.
I get up and look in the mirror and almost cringe at myself. Black spaghetti strap tank, baggy fluffy soft kitten pajama pants, a very very very messy bun that is just all over the place, and dried up drool on my cheek. I shrug and walk out the door pushing past Jake and walking down the cold tile floors wishing I'd put on my slippers. I watch my reflection in the mirror wall of the hallway and then turn into my now 'dad's' office.
  "Why hello Nichole," Mr. Brady says the second I walk in. I sit down at his desk hugging myself.
"Hi," he laughs while giving me a look of sympathy.
"Oh dear did I wake up my dearest Nikki to early on the fanciest days of the like of it?" My face scrunches at his fancy blabber.
"How did you notice ?" I ask which makes him burst with laughter, his laugh is deep and soft but one of the laughs that make you smile or laugh along with it. So of course, I softly laugh and smile.
"Well however will we know how I noticed, anyway Nichole dear we need to talk about what you will be wearing tonight," I give him a look of confusion and he continues.
"Tonight there is quite a big party for work and I wanted to bring you and the boys, and when I say big party I mean a huge fancy expensive place with long beautiful dresses champagne and fancy foods," he finishes and I'm pretty sure I'm gaping.
"Oh.. sir I don't think I should intrude, i don't want to bring you any unwanted attention," he frowns knowing that I'm talking about my moms and Clary's death by the far away look in my eyes. After everything happened or course it was all over the news. Everyone all over the US heard about it. Sad I know but at least everyone knows how they died and how amazing they were. A hot tear lands in my palm and I realize I'm crying. I look up and wipe my eyes while muttering I'm sorry.
"No, no no no. Nichole of course I'd love to take you, I wouldn't ask if I didn't want you to come-" he places his hands on top of the ones that I now have laid on the desk.
"-I know everything is hard and I'm very sorry, I'm trying my best to give you space and make it as easy on you as possible. They all feel the same and we all want to make this a fun night for you," he gives me a fatherly smile and squeezes my hands gently, I smile back and nod my head.
"Thank you.. it means a lot. Soooo, what should I wear tonight?" He smiles relieved I'm not gonna put up a fight.
"Aha I don't know dear it's why I'm sending you with Raven to get a nice pretty gown. That's why I asked for you, I want you to get whatever you want, your hair done and whatever you girls do if you want. I'll pay all cost," I sit there gaping at him and shake my head.
"A cheap gown will do," he laughs and says,
"Just keep in mind you can have whatever today, and that reminds me-" he pulls out something from his pocket, I see it's a set of keys and he tosses them to me.
"- I got you a truck, it's in the garage with everyone else's. Use the panic button to find it. Now be off and find you a pretty gown I expect to see you tonight." I look at the keys in my hand and smile nodding, I get up and hug him tight and whisper a thank you while running to my room.
Raven is standing against my doorframe with a smug smile. I run into him giving him a huge hug with a smile on my face, he tenses but slowly hugs me back; I know he's smiling because just something about his hug tells me he is.
"You happy?" He asks and I nod pulling back.
"Wanna go get something to eat?" I try to hide the anticipation in my voice. He laughs and points down the hall toward the garage.
  "Come on let's go."

"Holy moly she's beautiful...," I say gaping at the beautiful black truck in the garage that's now mine. I waste no time hopping in and starting Skylar up. -yes I named my truck, do not judge me-. Raven gets in and watches with curiosity as I open the garage door and peel out of the driveway loving every bit of this truck.
I know it's strange for me to be keeping an eye on Raven but for some reason I do and can't help it. He's looking out the window, very quite. He's beautiful in a dark way. I watch him shift around, seeming uncomfortable no matter how he adjusts himself. The watch on his wrist is black and gold, with black swirls around the frame, gold flecks on the face and the hands marbled black and gold. It's a watch fit for Raven, dark and beautiful but all the while expensive I'm sure. He's very quiet and it's strange and makes me wanna just blurt things out, like he's sitting there trying to get me to spill me deepest and darkest secrets. It's like he's living in his head, thoughts scurrying around and put in places I can't reach. The silence in the truck is eating me up, even with the music it's to quite.
"You got something to say? Why don't you say it?... out loud.. instead of living in your head?" I blurt the question out before I can stop myself and he looks just as surprised by it as I do. He hesitates why looking hard at my arm and then whispers.
"Don't be surprised when I disappear, when I fade from view and no one realizes I'm gone, don't worry though, I come back," ouch... why did that hurt my heart so much. I look up and his midnight blue eyes crash into mine, they have more darkness then any brown eyes I've seen before. My heart hurt for him, I reach over and take his hand and whisper.
  "Then if you do I'll always hunt you down." His eyes soften and then turn hard again, he puts on his mask that hides all emotions and I put my hand back on the wheel and continue down the road contemplating what just happened.
He let me in.
He showed me things.
I can't take it back.
I wish he hadn't.

Here you go luv's have fun with it while I continue on to the next chapter❤️
-angel