Chapter 2: The date

We ended up going to the movies instead of the mall. 'I cannot believe my mom did this... He's just soo... Soo... Ugly.' I think to myself. I notice that he's staring at me. He has been since we got out of the car. Now we're back in it and on the way to a McDonald's or something. He's quite boring, seriously he took me to watch 'the history of the world 3' I can't even believe that there are even three of them. 

"Hey Nikki, whatcha thinking about," I look at him and give him a fake smile.

"Oh nothing," he gives me a confused look.
"Oh okay because it just looked like you were lost in thought there," I laugh.
"Yeah people say I zone out a lot," he's gives me a strange look so I change the subject.
"So where we going to eat?" He thinks for a minute.
"How bout Burger King?" I smile, wondering how he knew that was my favorite restaurant. Probably my mom.
"Sounds delicious."  He turns on some music and takes the next exit.
                                   ....
When we get to Burger King. We argue about going in or through the drive through. He wins and we go through the drive through. As soon as he said drive through I knew he wanted to get the food and take me somewhere else to eat.   

We order our food and then we're off. While we're driving down the road he takes an unfamiliar road and I instantly know my hypotheses was right. We soon turn down another road. This road has a lot of trees around it, it's kinda like a forest. It's beautiful though, you can see the setting sun through the leaves of the trees. When we get to this rocky kinda driveway  he turns down it.  At the end of the road it's a dead end. He parks and jumps out. He comes around the car and takes the food then let's me out.

"Wow, where are we?" I say looking around at all the forest.
"Oh just one of my favorite places to be," I smile.
"It's gorgeous!" He smiles.
"Yeah I know, come on follow me." I follow him through the woods and we end up at a beautiful pond with a big waterfall. There is even a rail going down to it.
"Wow dude this is amazing!" He smile and chuckles.
"Yeah I know right," I smiles and walk down the rail. When I get to the bottom of if I can see the pound a little better. On the other side of it there is a little slope and above it, it has a rope hanging from a tree.
"Hey Nikki, do you want to eat?" I smile and turn around.
"Yesss," he walks over to a willow and we sit under it.
"Wow you're good at picking places to eat," he smiles and nods because he has a mouth full of food. Albert is tall and super skinny, he has light brown hair and brown eyes. He isn't that ugly but he's not as attractive as I would like. "So Nikki, how've you been?" I finish chewing then answer him.
"Good, school though, I don't like it," he laughs.
"Yeah, I don't think anyone does," I smile. "Yeah I know right," I put my trash in the bag and stand up.
"What ya doing?" He asks. I smile. He couldn't have actually brought me here without expecting me to want to get in the water. I notice he's done and pull him up.
"Oh nothing,"
"It doesn't seem like nothing," he laughs. I pull him up to the slope and the I push my pants off. Thankful I'm wearing boy shorts. He gives me a look like 'whoa' I laugh grab the rope the swing in. I let go half way over the water and laugh. As soon as I hit the water, I notice how cold it is. When I surface to the top I see him staring down at me. 
"Come on don't be a loser!! Jump in!" He laughs and takes the rope then swings in. I move out of the way so he won't hit me, he hits the water with a splash leaving the both of us laughing. 
"Wow this water is cold." I laugh at his 9 year old boyish seeming self and swim towards him.

                                 ....
After swimming around the pond for a while we notice it's starting to get dark. When we get out I notice there's only one towel.
"Hey Al, do you have another towel?" He looks at me, and with the way he does I know instantly something is weird about this boy. 
"No, you can use it," I know he's up too something but its cold so I just nod a thanks and and dry off with it anyway. He sits down and watches the waterfall. I see he's shivering, so I sit next to him and warp the towel around both of us.
"Thanks," I nod and try to keep as much space between us as possible. 
"No problem," it's dark out now but we just sit and look at the stars.
"Nikki, do you ever think the stars guide you places," I think for a minute and come up with nothing.
"I don't know," he turns his head to me and smiles.
"Well I think they do," I laugh a little, Of course he does. 
"Why do you say that?" He smiles and then gets a little closer. No no no this isn't okay. 
"Because they lead me to you," I blush not knowing what to say, then I see him leaning in like he's gonna kiss me. I realize he is going to kiss me.
"Um, hey it's getting pretty late, why don't we head back," his face falls for a moment then he gets up and smiles. I'm surprised how easy he swallows his pride and emotions and acts like he wasn't just caught red handed.n               
"Yeah, it is, I guess I'll take you home,"

                               .....
When I get home it's about 11. I walk in and see mom is still up. She never says up this late. 
"Hey Nikki, how was your date?" She's sitting back in her recliner flipping through the tv stations. Classic right?
"It was great, now don't ever do that to me again," she laughs just like she never did anything wrong. 
"He took you to the pond didn't he?" I give her a look.
"How did you know he took me to the pond?" She smiles.
"Well first of all your wet, Second of all he told me," I roll my eyes.
"Yeah okay, I'm gonna go get a shower and go to sleep, goodnight mom," as Im halfway up the stairs I hear her whisper in a quiet voice. 
"Goodnight Nikki." 

Read!
Okay so whatcha think? Leave comments and votes!! Love yall!!
~rosa