chapter 12: Raven

One morning a couple weeks after the beach trip im sitting crisscrossed apple sauce on my bed doing homework. Clary called so im talking to her.
"OMG girl have you noticed how weird the boys have been acting lately?"
"Ha yes. im pretty sure i heard one of them say the words 'shut up she'll notice' weird right?" clar laughs.
"Either that or, nikki your paranoid,''
"Uh excuse me. your probably just as paranoid as me. On a completely different topic.... what is the answer the questions b, a, and g on our home work for history?'' She sighs trying not to laugh.
"Uh yeah. B: guns and knives. A: Roosevelt. G: boats," I write that down and whisper.
"Thanks B..," my stomach then growls so loud i swear everyone from where i was sitting all the way to Hawaii could hear it.
Clar laughs so hard im pretty sure shes dying.
"Whoooooooa Nik that was loud, you know you should join a contest called 'who's stomach can make the loudest whale call' i think you'd win? Have you even eaten today?" sadly i havent i had jace go get me food this morning but they never brought it back ( its been likeeeeee 2 hours since my request was made) they're so slowwwwwww. Ugh.
"Um no. I haven't, and thanks to you im now done with my homework soooo imma go get meh some food," she laughs.
"Okay well i gotta go anyway so i'll talk to you later, love ya, bye," I smile.
"Bye." *beeep* i hear as she hangs up the phone. I get up and put my books away then make up my bed and then look at myself in a mirror. My hair: is currently in one of the sloppiest buns ever known to man kind. My shirt: is getting to small and now rides up and rolls over at the bottom so my stomach is showing. My pants: are hanging nicely off my hips, strings halfway tied and a little too long but nice and fuzzy and comfy. My face: still as gross as it always has been...
I laugh and creep out of my room and head to the kitchen. As im walking to the kitchen I hear the boys dad and then try to ignore it but i hear my name.
"Yeah um nikki is doing great,"
"no, no trouble so far."
"Yes sir, I understand, but are you sure it was a knife?"
"Okay, well, i'll make sure to tell her as soon as i can,"
"Alright, yeah okay, bye."
I run to the kitchen just in case he walks out. I don't know about you but i dont want to be told anything about some knife. I start looking for food. When I turn around i see a Bojangles bag on the counter with my name on it. (Me and clar call it Bohangalas) My favorite.
I see a note on it that simply says "meet me at the lake at 5" I shrug. Why not? as im walking back to my room I run into the boys dad. He smiles at me and says.
"Ahhh Nikki how are you? you like the house?" I smile and nod.
"Yeah im doing great, the house is awesome," He smiles big ..... dang his smile looks just like Jace's.........
"Well im happy to hear that, I gotta get going though i have a meeting innnn *checks his watch* 20 minutes," I laugh.
"Haha thats okay we can catch up and talk some over time." He smiles and then walks down the hall. what kind of meeting?........... I shrug and walk to my room and shut the door.
After I eat i decide to take a nap.

*DREAM*

"Shes not smart enough to figure it out fang!" im in a dark room chained to a strange chair. Im sitting there trying to recognize the voice but i cant put my finger on it... the second voice is fang im assuming.. whoever he is... says something back.
"Shes on the verge cant you tell?" the first voice laughs.
"No or i wouldn't be arguing with you right now." The voices fade and i start to see a yellow line that just keeps getting clearer and clearer. Soon i realize its a road line and when i look up i see a car thats just been hit coming at me at full speed. I panic and scream and then some how im going down im on a rollercoaster that says "Welcome back nikki,'' I whisper...
"whats going on?" i realize soon after that i should have kept my mouth shut because now some psycho is coming at me with a knife saying.
"At your deathbed, at your deathbed... just like your mommy," I scream and hold my head and curl into a ball. Everything goes black.

I wake up drenched in sweat and breathing hard. whoa.. remind me not to take anymore naps. I get up and see its 4 o'clock and freak.
"UUUUUUGGGHHHH, i hope whoever the heck this is doesn't mind sweat and deodorant mixed together....." I change and throw my hair up then text clar to come pick me up. she texts back fast saying shell be here in 3 minutes..... She wasn't kidding... I laugh when i see her car pull in 3 minutes later.